|Original Airdate||May 5, 2005|
Weeping Willows is the twenty-second episode in the fifth season of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
At the end of the shift Catherine Willows goes for a drink in a local bar, Highball, where a guy tries to pick her up. She turns him down and he turns nasty. Later that night, after returning home, Catherine gets called out to support Grissom's team. A girl has been found shot in the head.
As they investigate, it turns out the girl was at the same club Catherine was at, at about the same time. Certain similarities occur which leads her to try to talk to Grissom, but he's distracted by other matters in the lab.
When another body is discovered in similar circumstances they eventually pull in a suspect who turns out to be the same guy who tried to pick up Catherine, a local attorney named Adam Novak. This leads to questions about her private life. Eventually it is discovered that the first victim's ex boyfriend had been stalking her and killed her out of jealousy, later killing the 2nd victim to frame the guy from the bar.
Gil Grissom expresses his displeasure at Catherine's involvement, professing not to have a private life for this reason.
Adam Novak, the man Catherine met at Highball, later appeared in Season 7's "Leaving Las Vegas". It is further revealed that he is a crooked criminal defense lawyer, and Catherine has to testfy against his client.
Main Cast Edit
- William Petersen as Gil Grissom
- Marg Helgenberger as Catherine Willows
- Gary Dourdan as Warrick Brown
- George Eads as Nick Stokes
- Jorja Fox as Sara Sidle
- Paul Guilfoyle as Jim Brass
Recurring Roles Edit
- Robert David Hall as Dr. Al Robbins
- Aisha Tyler as Mia Dickerson
- Alex Carter as Detective Louis Vartann
- Wallace Langham as David Hodges
- Marc Vann as Conrad Ecklie
- Meredith Scott Lynn as Attorney Carol Allred
- Madison McReynolds as Lindsey Willows
- Geoffrey Rivas as Detective Sam Vega
- David Berman as David Phillips
- Larry Sullivan as Officer Akers
- Alan Rosenberg as Adam Novak
Guest Stars Edit
- Channon Roe as Douglas Granger
- Lauren Bowles as Ellen the Barmaid
- Lauren Birkell as Lynn
- Lelah Foster as Sheila
- Shawn Hatosy as Jeff Simon
- Elaine Curtis as Holly Pearson
- Mary Kelsey as Alice Granger