|Original Airdate||October 19, 2012|
|Previous Episode: 2,918 Miles|
|Next Episode: Misconceptions|
Unspoken is the fourth episode in season nine of CSI: NY.
The CSIs race to catch the shooter when Lindsay is injured during the attempted murder of a political candidate, and the events in the aftermath lead to a child’s death.
Lindsay and her family are at a rally for senatorial candidate Grant Hamilton. A man opens fire, injuring Hamilton, before running off. He jumps a fence in an alley after ditching the gun, dropping his baseball cap and cutting his hand on the fence as he climbs over. Hair from the baseball cap matches the blood on the fence, but they find no match in CODIS. However, they do eventually find a fingerprint that identifies their shooter as Evan Wescott, an elementary school teacher with a grudge. Hamilton wasn’t the target; Wescott was aiming at public school supervisor Beverly McCord, the woman he holds responsible for ruining his career after she accused him of inappropriate conduct with a child. He stole the gun from Hamilton’s beach house six months ago, during a party to raise money for schools. He waited until the rally to make his move because he was hoping he could get lost in the crowd.
- Gary Sinise as Mac Taylor
- Sela Ward as Jo Danville
- Carmine Giovinazzo as Danny Messer
- Hill Harper as Sheldon Hawkes
- Eddie Cahill as Don Flack
- Anna Belknap as Lindsay Messer
- AJ Buckley as Adam Ross
- Robert Joy as Dr. Sid Hammerback
- Brooklyn Silzer as Lucy Messer
- Jeff Hephner as Evan Westcott
- Neal McDonough as Grant Hamilton
- Terrell Ransom, Jr. as Lonnie James
- Jenna Ortega as Aimee Moore
- John Cothran, Jr. as Dr. Kevin Phillips
- Sara Mornell as Beverly McCord
- Cantrell Harris as Lonnie’s Father
- Bobbie Prewitt as Young Girl
- Jesse Peterson as Patron
- The first half of the episode has no dialogue, outside of crowd cheers and other unintelligible off-screen dialogue.
- This episode extensively uses multiple songs from Green Day's ¡Uno! ¡Dos! and ¡Tré! albums, to make up for the first half not having any intelligible dialogue and further the storytelling. It was also done, as a means to promote the new albums, which came out over the course of the next several months afterward, as an album trilogy.
|CSI:NY Season 9|
|Reignited • Where There's Smoke... • 2,918 Miles • Unspoken • Misconceptions • The Lady in the Lake • Clue: SI • Late Admissions • Blood Out • The Real McCoy • Command+P • Civilized Lies • Nine Thirteen • White Gold • Seth and Apep • Blood Actually • Today is Life|