|The Theory of Everything|
|Original Airdate||April 15, 2008|
The Theory of Everything is the fifteenth episode of the eigth season of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
While investigating a series of unusual deaths, the team discovers that all of the victims are tied together through a strange set of circumstances.
- Goof: when David Bohr's profile was searched on the data base, it shows that he was born on 1970, but the age that is showing on his profile is 20 years old. He should already by 38 years old.
- In an interview in the San Francisco Chronicle, October 31, 1996, Grissom revealed that as a boy he collected dead animals he found in his Marina Del Ray neighborhood and performed necropsies on them.
- Dr. Al Robbins wears a pacemaker because he has bradycardia.
- When CSI Nick Stokes attempts to re-create the conditions that caused a suspect to burst into flames, Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage of the Discovery Channel's "Mythbusters" are depicted as watching and approving his experiment in the background.
- Number 9 Dream- R.E.M.
- Metamorphosis- Philip Glass
- Oh My God It's the End of the World- Caesura
- Until the Day Is Done- R.E.M.
- Doc Robbins (looking at the dead deer with a tutu on): Doe. A deer. A female deer...
- David: It's not funny.
- Doc Robbins: It's a little funny. (starts taking pictures)
- David: Doc, I already took photos.
- Doc Robbins: Not for my scrap book, 'ya didn't.
- David: This is animal abuse.
- Doc Robbins: The killing? Sure. The dress? Pet owners put sweaters on their dog's.
- Grissom: Your killer's a ground squirrel?
- Catherine: In a way, I have to argue self defense.
- Doc Robbins: Together in death, as they were in life.
- David: A guy abuses wildlife, then bursts into flames. I call it karma.
- Doc Robbins: No physical signs that their relationship was anything other than platonic.
- David: I mean, we're the ones encroaching on their habitat and you don't see them shooting us.
- Doc Robbins: Consider this justice for Bambi's mother.
- Grissom: I bet you five bucks, Greg, that his brain is not as green as his heart.
- Doc Robbins: Keep your money in your pockets, Greg. There's a higher vascular nature to the heart and lungs, only the blood vessels of the brain are gonna be green. It's a sucker bet, and you know it.
- Greg: Thanks, Doc.
- Catherine: Looks like Caddyshack out here. Invasion of the ground squirrels.
- Warrick (taking a photo of a dead squirrel): Yeah, I got a few casualties out here.
- David: Three pairs of sunglasses. (pulls something out of the victim's ear) Ear plugs.
- Grissom: And that, David, is how you make it dark and quiet when you sleep on the street.
- Hodges: I don't wanna take all the credit, but I do know why both of your victims have green blood.
- Grissom: High levels of sulfur.
- Hodges (scoffs, that Grissom already knew): Uh, yes.
- Nick (to Officer Choi): Don't worry, when you talk to I.A, just be honest. Don't expect a hug.
- Doc Robbins (to David while doing the autopsy on the deer): Alcohol. Think he had to get her liquored up?
- Nick: Is it bad when you start thinking none of this sounds too weird anymore?
- Warrick: Oh, it's a bit too freaky how these cases are connected.
- Greg: Grissom, you always say there is no such thing as coincidence...
- Grissom: There isn't.
- Catherine: Oh, come on. You got the guy who bursts into flames, just divorced from the woman who was fighting squirrel wars with the Martins...
- Greg: ... Who had hired the exterminator who's drugs were turning everybody's blood green.
- Nick: And one of those green blooded customers was Evelyn, our lady of tinfoil, who was the last person that Kyle Plank touched before he died.
- Grissom: There's one more connection. Evelyn had 200 bucks, and I'm thinking that when she was run over, she was on her way to buy more drugs. I think that Wayne Connor was with Dave Boer waiting for the money to arrive.
- Greg: Only Evelyn never showed up, Connor lost his temper and Boer killed him in a fight.
- Warrick: And it all started with Kyle Plank, lonely guy with a gut full of moonshine.
- Grissom: String theory.
- Nick: Grissom theory. This is better than a bedtime story.
- Grissom: String theory is "the theory of everything." Quantum mechanics tells us about the very small. The theory of relativity explains the immense. String theory ties it all together. It proposes that atomic particles are made up of infinitesimal vibrating loops of energy or strings. Each string vibrates at its own frequency, like on a violin, producing notes and these notes make up everything in the universe.
- Catherine: Cosmic symphony.
- Grissom: These strings have been combining and recombining ever since the Big Bang. So, the connections between our victims or any of us are not that extraordinary.
- Nick: But every one of them thought they were alone.
- Warrick: Too bad they didn't know about Grissom's theory.
- Greg: In a parallel universe, maybe they're all having breakfast together.
- Catherine: In this universe, maybe we are.
- Nick: Yeah.
- Catherine (to Grissom): And you're buying.
- Grissom: No strings attached.
- Hodges: In an interview in the San Francisco Chronicle, October 31, 1996, if I recall correctly, one Gilbert Grissom revealed that as a boy he collected dead animals he found in his Marina Del Ray neighborhood and performed necropsies on them.
- Grissom: Hodges, I want you to stop stalking me.
- Grissom: Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action.
- Hodges: Winston Churchill.
- Grissom: Ian Fleming.
- Hodges: I should know that I'm a huge James Bond fan.
- Greg: What aren't you a fan of?
- Hodges: When the sulfur atom joins the hemoglobin molecules red blood turns green. Which is why First Officer Spock's blood is green in Star Trek.
- Wendy: No, its not.
- Hodges: Uh, yes it is. Trust me, I'm an expert.
- Wendy: Well, apparently not, because otherwise you would surely know that the oxidizing agent in Vulcan blood is copper. And that is why his blood is green. I mean it was that and the fact that he had a Vulcan father since his mother was actually human. And furthermore, he was promoted to captain just prior to Star Trek II, and then he retired a civilian ambassador.
- Hodges: You're like a geeky, nerdy guy trapped in a woman's body.
- Wendy: So are you.
- William Petersen ... Gil Grissom
- Marg Helgenberger ... Catherine Willows
- Gary Dourdan ... Warrick Brown
- George Eads ... Nick Stokes
- Eric Szmanda ... Greg Sanders
- Robert David Hall ... Dr. Al Robbins
- Wallace Langham ... David Hodges
- Paul Guilfoyle ... Captain Jim Brass
- Archie Kao ... Archie Johnson
- David Berman ... David Phillips
- Liz Vassey ... Wendy Simms
- Sheeri Rappaport ... Mandy Webster
- Jon Wellner ... Henry Andrews
- Chloe Webb ... Evelyn Polychronopolous
- Karl Makinen ... Kyle Planck
- Christine Lakin ... Margo Delphi
- Sam Witwer ... Officer Casella
- Jose Pablo Cantillo ... I.A. Officer Galvez
- Don Swayze ... Dave Bohr
- Jeremy Cohenour ... Cell Phone Dude
- Joe Howard ... Logan Martin
- Colin Kim ... Officer Choi
- Larry Mitchell ... Officer Mitchell
- Daniel Colletti ... Officer Smith (uncredited)
- Jamie Hyneman ... Lab Technician (uncredited)
- Adam Savage ... Lab Technician (uncredited)
- Arne Starr ... Homeless Person (uncredited)
- List of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation episodes
- CSI:Crime Scene Investigation Season 8
- Category:Images from The Theory of Everything
|CSI:Las Vegas Season 8|
|Dead Doll • A La Cart • Go to Hell • The Case of the Cross-Dressing Carp • The Chick Chop Flick Shop • Who and What • Where and Why • Goodbye and Good Luck • You Kill Me • Cockroaches • Lying Down With Dogs • Bull • Grissom's Divine Comedy • A Thousand Days On Earth • Drops Out • The Theory of Everything • Two And A Half Deaths • For Gedda|