Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The Theory of Everything|
|Original Airdate||April 15, 2008|
The Theory of Everything is the fifteenth episode of the eighth season of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
While investigating a series of unusual deaths, the team discovers that all of the victims are tied together through a strange set of circumstances.
- William Petersen ... Gil Grissom
- Marg Helgenberger ... Catherine Willows
- Gary Dourdan ... Warrick Brown
- George Eads ... Nick Stokes
- Eric Szmanda ... Greg Sanders
- Robert David Hall ... Dr. Al Robbins
- Wallace Langham ... David Hodges
- Paul Guilfoyle ... Captain Jim Brass
- Archie Kao ... Archie Johnson
- David Berman ... David Phillips
- Liz Vassey ... Wendy Simms
- Sheeri Rappaport ... Mandy Webster
- Jon Wellner ... Henry Andrews
- Chloe Webb ... Evelyn Polychronopolous
- Karl Makinen ... Kyle Planck
- Christine Lakin ... Margo Delphi
- Sam Witwer ... Officer Casella
- Jose Pablo Cantillo ... I.A. Officer Galvez
- Don Swayze ... Dave Bohr
- Jeremy Cohenour ... Cell Phone Dude
- Joe Howard ... Logan Martin
- Colin Kim ... Officer Choi
- Larry Mitchell ... Officer Mitchell
- Daniel Colletti ... Officer Smith (uncredited)
- Jamie Hyneman ... Lab Technician (uncredited)
- Adam Savage ... Lab Technician (uncredited)
- Arne Starr ... Homeless Person (uncredited)
Relationship with MythBustersEdit
As mentioned in the cast list, Jamie Hyneman (who brought his trademark beret) and Adam Savage - who got their start as special effects experts - made cameos as lab technicians. Specifically, they watch and take notes when Nick tests whether a stun gun can set a perp's shirt on fire after the perp has been maced. Subsequently, the two of them subsequently received many requests to put that premise to the test on MythBusters, and in a 2010 episode called Fireball Stun Gun, they did just that.
Basing their analysis on the fire triangle, the two of them found that the myth was plausible because some pepper sprays use oil-based propellant (which makes the mace flammable), stun guns can create a big spark especially if they get caught in the target's clothing, and acrylic fabric (which is used to make flannel shirts like the ones seen in Theory of Everything) is in itself flammable. It is worth noting, though, that while they were able to achieve ignition with a stun gun and one can of mace on an acrylic shirt, they found that they only got a similar fireball to the one seen in Theory of Everything after the shirt had been soaked with eight cans' worth of pepper spray.
- List of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation episodes
- CSI:Crime Scene Investigation Season 8
- Category:Images from The Theory of Everything
|CSI:Las Vegas Season 8|
|Dead Doll • A La Cart • Go to Hell • The Case of the Cross-Dressing Carp • The Chick Chop Flick Shop • Who and What • Where and Why • Goodbye and Good Luck • You Kill Me • Cockroaches • Lying Down With Dogs • Bull • Grissom's Divine Comedy • A Thousand Days On Earth • Drops Out • The Theory of Everything • Two And A Half Deaths • For Gedda|