|The Execution of Catherine Willows|
|Original Airdate||November 7, 2002|
|Previous Episode: Abra-Cadaver|
|Next Episode: Fight Night|
The Execution of Catherine Willows is the sixth episode in season three of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
Fifteen years ago, Catherine helped to put John Mathers on death row for the rape and murder of a young student at a local college. On the day of his execution, he's granted a stay based on new DNA evidence. Meanwhile, Grissom, Nick and Sara are looking for a missing student, who is found murdered and left in exactly the same fashion as the women in Catherine's case.
|This section is a stub and requires expanding|
- William Petersen as Gil Grissom
- Marg Helgenberger as Catherine Willows
- Gary Dourdan as Warrick Brown
- George Eads as Nick Stokes
- Jorja Fox as Sara Sidle
- Eric Szmanda as Greg Sanders
- Robert David Hall as Dr. Al Robbins
- Paul Guilfoyle as Jim Brass
- David Berman as David Phillips
- Skip O'Brien as Detective Ray O'Riley
- Romy Rosemont as Jacqui Franco
- David Lee Smith as Cody Lewis
- Victor Bevine as John Mathers
- Beth Grant as Sally Roth
- Wade Williams as Mr. Reston
- Wayne Pére as Painter
- Viola Davis as Attorney Campbell
- Phe Caplan as Charlene Roth
- Michael Chieffo as Tom Roth
- John Goodwin as Psychiatrist
- Nicole Hayden as Debbie Reston
- Romy Rosemont makes her first appearance as Jacqui Franco.
- The Blue Paint Killer case is introduced for the first time in this episode, his story will be concluded, two years later, in What's Eating Gilbert Grissom? on season five.
- Brass: I keep racking my brain going over these unsolved murder cases and I keep coming back to the fact that they're fifteen years apart. That means he's either out of town or in the joint.
- Grissom: Why wouldn't he take his business to some other college if it was only about young girls?
- Brass: It's got to be personal. He wanted to kill those girls.
- When Catherine is at the coffee shop and the parents of a murdered girl come to talk to her. She is holding her coffee in the right hand and her cell phone rings and she grabs it with her left. The shot switches angles while Catherine is talking and her cell phone has shifted to her right hand.
- Grissom gets uncomfortable when a suspect could be smarter than him.
- This is the first episode with a main character name on the title. The next episode will be "Grissom Versus the Volcano".
- List of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation episodes
- CSI:Crime Scene Investigation Season 3
- Category:Images from The Execution of Catherine Willows
|CSI:Las Vegas Season 3|
|Revenge is Best Served Cold • The Accused is Entitled • Let the Seller Beware • A Little Murder • Abra-Cadaver • The Execution of Catherine Willows • Fight Night • Snuff • Blood Lust • High and Low • Recipe for Murder • Got Murder? • Random Acts of Violence • One Hit Wonder • Lady Heather's Box • Lucky Strike • Crash & Burn • Precious Metal • A Night at the Movies • Last Laugh • Forever • Play with Fire • Inside the Box|