|Sleight Out of Hand|
|Original Airdate||February 28, 2007|
Sleight Out of Hand is the eighteenth episode of Season Three.
Master illusionist, Luke Blade (Criss Angel) is doing an illusion on a New York City street. The illusion is cutting himself in half with no covers or boxes as part 1 of a 3 trick 3 night show he calls,"Death Becomes Me". Angel accomplished this in real life using the same machine featured in the show. The show cuts to a theater where a girl is being sawed in half. There is an automatic knowledge of what is going on-this is no illusion. The show jumps forward to the time when the C.S.I team is examining the scene. Mac is able to realize that the girl was alive when she was sawed in half. Danny arrives and checks out the hallway where he finds a footprint. Mac follows footprints of blood to the stage and sees a drop of blood on the floor. Danny comes back and asks if he found anything. Mac with a confused expression on his face says, "The killer took a bow". The next night, there is another murder when a man's burned corpse is found during Blade's performance of the "human candle" illusion that was first done by Angel in the first season of Criss Angel: Mindfreak to celebrate his mother's birthday. Mac and Stella then learn that the first and second victims were originally part of Luke Blade's crew and were killed because they had lost the trust of the "family." It is then revealed that Luke Blade was placed into foster care by his father after Blade's mother died giving birth to him. Blade was placed with a family but they later sent him away when he began to show signs of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. Mac then realizes that the third victim will be Blade's foster mother and since Blade cancelled his third performance, he has no alibi. Mac, Stella, and Flack then arrive at Blade's warehouse and Mac rescues the foster mother while Flack arrests Blade.
In addition, Lindsay is testifying in Montana about the murder of her three friends and a waitress. For support, Danny flies to Montana instead of getting the sleep that Mac told him to get to be there for her. His walking in gives her the boost she needs to finish her testimony. They are seen holding hands and almost kissing but are interrupted by the press.
- Gary Sinise as Det. Mac Taylor
- Melina Kanakaredes as Det. Stella Bonasera
- Hill Harper as Dr. Sheldon Hawkes
- Eddie Cahill as Det. Don Flack
- Carmine Giovinazzo as Sgt. Danny Messer
- Anna Belknap as Det. Lindsay Monroe
- Robert Joy as Dr. Sid Hammerback
- Criss Angel as Luke Blade
- Alan Smyth as Rupert Lanigan
- Jamison Jones as Austin Cannon
- Kelly Connolly as Vienna Hyatt
- Ashley Rickards as Young Lindsay
- Michael McLafferty as Reporter #1
- Yuri Brown as Reporter #2
- Nick Kiriazis as Prosecutor
- Angie Hill as Jury Forewoman
- Danny leaves his apartment with nothing but his keys. However, when he shows up in the courtroom in Montana, he is wearing a different outfit.
- This is the first appearance of Anna Belknap after having her daughter.
- "Tubefed" by Halou