|Director||Jeff T. Thomas|
|Original Airdate||September 28, 2012|
|Previous Episode: Near Death|
|Next Episode: Where There's Smoke...|
Reignited is the first episode in the ninth season of CSI: NY.
The NYPD and FDNY are pulled away from a hockey game to deal with a fire just down the street. Mac Taylor, Don Flack and Danny Messer help deal with the crowd on the street while the firefighters, led by Captain Curtis Smith, head into the building to fight the flames and look for anyone trapped inside. Captain Smith heads down the hallway with another firefighter, knocking open a door and stepping inside to search for victims. As soon as he walks through the door, an explosion rocks the building, and the captain is killed.
The fire was deliberately set, and the arsonist’s signature leads the team to Leonard Brooks. Brooks just got out of prison after serving 15 years, and it looks like he might have picked up where he left off. However, the real arsonist is just using his techniques. Eva Mason visited Leonard several times while he was in prison, doing interviews for her studies as a psychology student. He boasted about his secrets, and she learned a lot from him before her own downward spiral into obsession. The team finds her hotel room, and Jo Danville turns on the computer to see a live feed of Leonard’s apartment on the screen. He has just arrived home, and as they watch the live feed, Eva emerges from the shadows with a gun in her hand. She feels betrayed by Leonard, who has been helping the police even though she’s been setting these fires for him. She also set up a trap in the apartment. Leonard manages to escape before the apartment explodes, killing Eva in the process.
- Gary Sinise as Mac Taylor
- Sela Ward as Jo Danville
- Carmine Giovinazzo as Danny Messer
- Anna Belknap as Lindsay Messer
- Robert Joy as Sid Hammerback
- Hill Harper as Sheldon Hawkes
- A. J. Buckley as Adam Ross
- Eddie Cahill as Don Flack
- Megan Dodds as Christine Whitney
- Rob Morrow as Leonard Brooks
- Louis Herthum as Capt. Curtis Smith
- Josh Emerson as Tony D’Alessio
- Scott Subiono as Marshall Hilson
- Catherine Kamei as Doctor
- Mageina Tovah as Eva Mason
- David Lombard as Chaplain
- Patrick O’Connor as Dr. Martin Stilga