|Writer||Timothy J. Lea & Zachary Reiter|
|Original Airdate||January 12, 2005|
|Previous Episode: Tri-Borough|
|Next Episode: Tanglewood|
Recycling is the thirteenth episode in season 1 of CSI: NY.
Mac, Aiden and Flack investigate when Elaine Curtis is found dead at a dog competition, a knitting needle sticking out of her chest, and no shortage of suspects ranging from judges to trainers to contestants. Stella and Danny investigate the death of bicycle messenger Michael Starling, but the crime scene may have been anywhere along his route.
- Gary Sinise as Det. Mack "Mac" Taylor
- Melina Kanakaredes as Det. Stella Bonasera
- Hill Harper as Dr. Sheldon Hawkes
- Eddie Cahill as Det. Don Flack
- Carmine Giovinazzo as Sgt. Danny Messer
- Vanessa Ferlito as Det. Aiden Burn
- Sonya Walger as Jane Parsons
- Zach Grenier as Dr. Ross Howell
- Aisha Hinds as Brett Stokes
- Robert Costanzo as Frank Meadows
- Julia Duffy as Millie Hanford
- Steve Hytner as Alvin Marbert
- Neil Giuntoli as Mark Stutz
- Brad Greenquist as Theodore Gates
- Marc Lynn as Owner #1
- Marcia Firesten as Owner #2
- Paul Carafotes as Det. Charlie Thacker
- Desi Lydic as Elaine Curtis
- Hira Ambrosino as Angie Soon
- Tiger Mendez as Detective
- Before Danny and Stella walk into the cafe to talk to Theodore Gates, the little boy takes the straw. However when the scene changes after Danny and Stella walk in Gates has the straw again.
- The owner of the knitting needle stated that she knitted for her dog the blanket the animal is sitting on. However, that blanket is crocheted and not knitted.
- When Stella finds the murder weapon – a Swiss army knife – the scissor blade still attached to the knife is clean. When Danny looks at the knife in the lab, the blade is still clean. Once he puts it under the microscope to compare it with the other blade found in the victim's wound, the blade is bloody. When he next inspects the knife for other traces, the blood is gone again.
- "Give It Away" by Red Hot Chili Peppers.
- "Water From a Vine Leaf" by William Orbit & Beth Orton.
- "Alpha Beta Gaga" by Air.
- "Change Down" by Bonobo.
- "Diplo Rhythm" by Diplo, Pantera Os Danadinhos, Sandra Melody & Vybz Cartel.
(The Magazine Vendor, Mark Stutz, just explained he stabbed the messenger because he was sick and tired of bikers acting like they own the area)
Stella: (disgusted) Pedestrian rage. Why do I even ask?
(At that moment, a bike messenger speeds by giving little warning, almost running over Stella)
Stella: Son of a bitch!
Mark Stutz: Makes you want to murder 'em, don't it?
Stella:(Not commenting on it) Get in the car.