|Random Acts of Violence|
|Original Airdate||January 30, 2003|
Random Acts of Violence is the thirteenth episode of season three of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
When the nine-year-old daughter of Warrick's former mentor is killed in a drive-by shooting, Warrick lets his emotions lead him to assume a suspect is guilty without looking at the evidence. Meanwhile, Nick investigates when a man is found dead in a sealed computer room. All of the victim's employees had reason to kill him, but none of them claim to have seen a thing.
|This section is a stub and requires expanding|
- William Petersen as Gil Grissom
- Marg Helgenberger as Catherine Willows
- Gary Dourdan as Warrick Brown
- George Eads as Nick Stokes
- Jorja Fox as Sara Sidle
- Eric Szmanda as Greg Sanders
- Robert David Hall as Dr. Al Robbins
- Paul Guilfoyle as Jim Brass
- Romy Rosemont as Jacqui Franco
- Geoffrey Rivas as Detective Sam Vega
- Archie Kao as Archie Johnson
- Gerald McCullouch as Bobby Dawson
- David Berman as David Phillips
- Palmer Davis as Attorney Margaret Finn
- Keith David as Matt Phelps
- Dwayne L. Barnes as Gene Jacobs
- Maury Sterling as Anders Molyneaux
- Melissa Marsala as Serena Chase
- Kevin Chapman as Bartender
- David Packer as Hugo Karlin
- Jim Rash as Todd Benton
- Tom Virtue as Doctor
- Daniel Farris as Tyrel Constantine
- Chanel Gaines as Aimee Phelps
- Barry Sigismondi as Police Officer
- Shawn Smith as Travis Phelps (credited as Shawn H. Smith)
- Ty Upshaw as Police Officer
- David Robert May as Jason Gilbert (uncredited)
- Simon Rhee as Garrett Kwan (uncredited)
- Although credited, Jorja Fox (Sara) doesn't appear in this episode.
- Warrick is seen wearing the CSI Las Vegas stab vest for the first time.
- Tech Archie Johnson goes out into the field for the first time.
- Random Acts of Violence is a play on the old adage random acts of kindness.
- This marks Archie's first time in the field, but he's not seen in action.
- The room where Nick and Vega first talk to the repairman is actually the CSI locker room set without the lockers.
- Just after they arrest the Janitor, they are walking out of the building past the employee's. The girl sitting at her chair is not actually typing on her keyboard, her fingers never even press on the keys and her screen-saver is displayed on the screen.
- When Grissom gives an unfired gun cartridge to a tech for possible fingerprints he says it is a stovepipe and was never fired nor exposed to heat, which is impossible since a stovepipe occurs when a spent casing is caught in the slide before it is completely ejected from a semi-automatic gun.
- Greg: All work and no play makes Greg a dull boy.
- Grissom: All play and no work makes Greg an unemployed boy.
- Warrick (to Grissom): What's this? I've been putting guys away like this for years and now that it matters it seems like you're holding me back here!
- Grissom: The job, Warrick, is to process evidence objectively and without prejudice.
- Warrick: I'm so sick of hearing that. I've heard it a million times! I can't be a robot like you. I actually care about these people!
- Nick: You gotta get a girlfriend.
- Archie: You first.
- Roxanne by Bauchklang.
- List of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation episodes
- CSI:Crime Scene Investigation Season 3
- Category:Images from Random Acts of Violence
|CSI:Las Vegas Season 3|
|Revenge is Best Served Cold • The Accused is Entitled • Let the Seller Beware • A Little Murder • Abra-Cadaver • The Execution of Catherine Willows • Fight Night • Snuff • Blood Lust • High and Low • Recipe for Murder • Got Murder? • Random Acts of Violence • One Hit Wonder • Lady Heather's Box • Lucky Strike • Crash & Burn • Precious Metal • A Night at the Movies • Last Laugh • Forever • Play with Fire • Inside the Box|