|Monster in the Box|
|Original Airdate||February 15, 2007|
|Previous Episode: Law of Gravity|
|Next Episode: Fallen Idols|
Grissom returns to work after his sabbatical only to find a gruesome present from the Miniature Killer: a miniature of a murder due to happen within just a few days.
Main Cast Edit
- William Petersen as Gil Grissom
- Marg Helgenberger as Catherine Willows
- Gary Dourdan as Warrick Brown
- George Eads as Nick Stokes
- Jorja Fox as Sara Sidle
- Eric Szmanda as Greg Sanders
- Robert David Hall as Dr. Al Robbins
- Louise Lombard as Sofia Curtis
- Paul Guilfoyle as Jim Brass
Recurring Cast Edit
- Wallace Langham as David Hodges
- Dayton Callie as Ernie Dell
- Archie Kao as Archie Johnson
- David Berman as David Phillips
- Larry M. Mitchell as Officer Mitchell
Guest Stars Edit
- Kathleen Quinlan as Barbara Tallman
- Harry Groener as Peyton Tallman
- Brendan Fletcher as Mitchel 'Mitch' Douglas/Lionel Dell
- Cate Cohen as Officer Kamen
- Hodges has a cat named Kobayashi Maru (or little Kobe and Mr. K) as he also calls him.
- The miniature paper is dated February 17, 2007. Catherine states that it is dated "the day after tomorrow" which made the current day February 15, 2007 which is the date of the original airing.
- At the end of the episode, Grissom states that the Miniature Killer has murdered five people, but they have actually only killed four people so far: Izzy Delancy, Penny Garden, Raymundo Suarez and Officer Kamen, in this episode. Barbara Tallman was suffocated by her brother.
- Catherine (to Grissom): Hey! How'd it go with the sheriff?
- Grissom: Media's all over him which means he's all over the undersheriff, who's all over Ecklie, who's blaming me for not going public with the Izzy Delancy miniature like he told me to.
- Nick: You know, this timer was geared to run for weeks. It could have easily been put in place a month ago.
- Grissom: That's why the killer felt safe enough to send me the miniature. He never intended to be at the scene. There was no danger of being caught.
- Greg: Hey, Sara, check this out. I was digging through Mannleigh Chicken's employee health insurance records...
- Sara: 45 million Americans without health coverage, and a chicken slaughterhouse provides medical benefits?
- Hodges (to Grissom): Hey boss, where are we going out for breakfast?
- Grissom: You have a cat, don't you, Hodges?
- Hodges: Mr. K, Kobayashi Maru. It's in reference...
- Grissom: Do you ever take him out of the house?
- Hodges: My little Kobe? No way. Vegas is coyote country.
- Grissom: Stop hovering, Hodges. You're in or you're out.
- Hodges: In.
- Nick: The killer did plan every detail.
- Warrick: Except for us showin' up.
- Grissom: Catherine, layout room, now!
- Catherine (enters the room): Gil, where's the fire? (sees the miniature crime scene and looks confused)
- Grissom: It's been sitting in my office for the last 4 weeks.
- Catherine: But we caught the miniature serial killer, he confessed.
- Grissom: Yeah, and I watched him blow his brains out, but I think the package was post-marked after he killed himself.
- Catherine: Maybe he arranged to have it sent post-mortem.
- Grissom: The three other murders, the miniature was left at the scene. This one was addressed to me.
- Catherine: So now it's personal.
- Sofia (about the deceased police officer): I was watching her die and I didn't even realize it.
- Grissom: Look, Sofia, there weren't any carbon monoxide sensors in the apartment so no one could have known. And in fact if I hadn't gone away we would have had another month to work with; you would have never been in that position.
- Sofia: But it doesn't make you feel any better either, does it? (Grissom shakes his head slightly. There's a long pause) You know the scene has been released, Ms. Tallman was pretty insistent. They offered to leave a uniform with her but she wasn't having it. (pause) So what are you looking for? The miniature's complete.
- Grissom: It's not perfect though. Officer Kamen was not the intended victim.
- Sofia: Well she was dressed like her, she died in the right position, so did the cat.
- Grissom: I'm still not sure it's perfect enough. (the phone rings, Grissom answers) Grissom. Yeah. (pause) Okay. (puts the phone down) Now it's perfect.
- Sara: The Miniature Killer murdered three people over a period of roughly six months. Ernie Dell was either directly or indirectly related to all of them.
- Warrick: What's with the bloody dolls?
- Sara: We're not sure. There's a different perspective of that same image in all of the miniatures. We're thinking it could be some kind of signature.
- Nick: Remember the Blue Paint killers? Maybe Ernie Dell had a partner. Like an apprentice, an accomplice, something like that.
- Warrick: Or a disciple.
- Sara: You guys make models when you were kids?
- Nick: Tanks and airplanes.
- Warrick: Classic cars.
- Sara: These miniatures are obsessively precise, half-inch scale models of the crime scenes. They probably took weeks of focused effort to create. I don't think the killer's into team sports
- List of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation episodes
- CSI:Crime Scene Investigation Season 7
- Category:Images from Monster in the Box
|CSI:Las Vegas Season 7|
|Built to Kill, Part 1 • Built to Kill, Part 2 • Toe Tags • Fannysmackin' • Double Cross • Burn Out • Post Mortem • Happenstance • Living Legend • Loco Motives • Leaving Las Vegas • Sweet Jane • Redrum • Meet Market • Law of Gravity • Monster in the Box • Fallen Idols • Empty Eyes • Big Shots • Lab Rats • Ending Happy • Leapin' Lizards • The Good, The Bad, And The Dominatrix • Living Doll|