| "This isn't enough evidence."|
This article is Trace Evidence. You can help the Crime Lab by investigating it further.
The Mala Noche are a (fictitious) drug cartel that appears in CSI:Miami and is based in Brazil and (formerly) headed by Antonio Riaz. Horatio Caine once described them as one of the most dangerous in the region and "Miami's new Mafia".
First mentioned early in the fourth season, they would become a regular presence on the show for the next two years; many of the murder cases that the team uncovered were carried out by one or more of the Mala Noche members.
Ultimately, the gang would cease to be a viable threat in the fifth season after Horatio was extradited to Brazil and ultimately killed its remaining leadership (its original leader, Antonio Riaz, was killed in the fifth-season premiere as revenge for Marisol's death).
- Antonio Riaz (leader; deceased)
- Memmo Fierro (hitman; 3rd Miami leader; incarcerated)
- Armando Salazar (2nd Miami leader; deceased)
- Raphael Sifuentes (1st Miami leader; incarcerated)
- Benito Galian (deceased)
- Aberto Fuentes (deceased)
- Jose Sambrano (deceased)
- Hector Ramirez (hitman; incarcerated)
- Jose Truillo (hitman; deceased)
- Benito Sarosa (incarcerated)
- Carlos Santiago (hitman; incarcerated)
- Felix Medina (incarcerated)
- Cesar Soto (incarcerated)
- Geraldo Torres (hitman; deceased)
- Luis Tafoya (hitman; incarcerated)
- Luis Delgado (incarcerated)
- Tiago Matos (deceased)
- Angel Demorte (incarcerated)
- The name "Mala Noche" (Spanish for "bad night") may have been taken from the title of a 1986 film of the same name.
- It seems strange that Mala Noche could be a brazilian crime syndicate, since the name of the gang itself, and the name of the members more likely refer to people of spanish language and origin.