Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Lying Down With Dogs|
Lying Down With Dogs is the tenth episode of the eighth season of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
The world of illegal dog fighting is explored by Grissom and the rest of the team when they take on the case of a wealthy socialite who was murdered. Meanwhile, Warrick struggles to clear his name in the recent exotic dancer murder case.
Warrick is interrogated by internal affairs regarding his relationship with Candy. He's cleared of responsibility, but he knows Gedda is the one who had her killed. A homeless man's print shows up inside Warrick's car, and he goes down for the murder. When Warrick tries to intervene, Grissom suspends him for two weeks. A man inside the CSI lab makes a call to Gedda, who is pleased with the results.
Meanwhile, Doc Robbins gives evidence when a philanthropist, Liz Rodriguez, turns up dead amongst dozens of dead dogs in the desert. She had been at a party the night before where Robbins was playing in a band. The trail leads to a gang member's dog, and a kennel that the Rodriguez family bankrolled.
Apparently Liz was the #1 dogfighter in Vegas. Gino Aquino, the gang member, wanted to knock her off the top of her game. When SWAT raids a dog fight, Aquino is taken into custody, as is his dog, whose saliva was found on Liz's body. But a sympathetic young man who worked at the kennel, an inside informant who was trying to bring down the dog ring, was the one who did the crime. He killed Liz, and fed her to the fighting dogs before disposing of the body. He thought she deserved it.
- The "fighting dogs" were actually playing and it was through editing and sound that aggressive behavior was portrayed. These two dogs were brought up together and trained to do this all under the supervision of the American Humane Society. In addition for the PSA, William Peterson had his dog, Bruno, appear in it.
- Goof: In the beginning of the episode when they turned over the body of the dead girl, hair across her eyes can be seen clearly, during the next shot the hair across her eyes is no longer there but right after that, again we see the hair across the girl's face as David's hands brush it away.
- Goof: When Mandy gets a hit on a fingerprint from Warrick's car, it comes up as Richard Dorsey's print. The information shows that his date of birth is June 21, 1959. It shows his age as 49. He should only be 48.
- Goof: Catherine remarks on the presence of phenytoin in the victim's blood, which is used to treat seizure disorders such as epilepsy. However, she pronounces the name of the drug as fen'-a-toyne (with the last syllable rhyming with coin); it is actually pronounced fen-a-toe'-in in the US and fen-ee-tone' in Britain
- The "Homeless Box City" is actually under an approach to The 5, The Golden State Highway in Burbank.
- The dog graveyard was made up of all foam cast animals. Production had to bury a bone under the rubber cast body of the woman so that the dogs would "attack" it, otherwise they would just run about with their tails wagging. Also, The "dying" dog in the fight was filmed at high speed slowing down the action to give the illusion that the dog was barely moving.
- The pre-production title name was, "Life's a Bitch."
- Nick (to Gino): You know, there are two things a jury can't stand: people who abuse kids and people who abuse animals. So, buena suerte.
- Henry: I know government employees aren't eligible for reward money, but I think we should at least get a small percentage.
- Catherine: It's called your salary.
- Warrick: Hey, Grissom.
- Grissom: Did you talk to IA yet?
- Warrick: Yeah. They cleared me. They didn't seem to have much interest in Gedda.
- Grissom: That's because it wasn't about Gedda. It was about you.
- Warrick: It's everything to do with Gedda. Sending me a message. Murders an innocent young girl because I got too close to them. I want this case, Gris.
- Grissom: I hope you know that's not gonna happen. You're in the rotation as of tomorrow, so go home.
- Warrick (after putting a file on Grissom's desk): His name is Richard Dorsey.
- Grissom: You know, you keep pursuing this, you're going to end up suspended.
- Warrick: Dorsey's prints were found inside my car under the broken window.
- Grissom: Well, that's consistent with him putting the body in your car.
- Warrick: Grissom, he's a homeless guy. He lives in the alley behind the strip club. Don't you get it? He's Gedda's fall guy. This is a frame job.
- Grissom [to Warrick]: Hey! As of right now, you're suspended for two weeks.
- Warrick: Grissom, you and I both know that Gedda killed that girl and pinned it on that bum. They gave him drugs, got him high, and planted the evidence. You just got to give me a chance to prove it.
- Grissom: You've had all your chances. You take the suspension or you're fired.
- Brass (about Warrick): You should have put him in your car and driven him home.
- Grissom: I have to trust the people I work with, Jim.
- Brass: Look, Warrick's a loose cannon. We both know that. He was in Gedda's strip club ...
- Grissom: He was off the clock.
- Brass: ... conducting his own police investigation.
- Grissom: He's very passionate about this case.
- Brass: Yeah, passionate enough to sleep with the vic who ended up dead in his car. Look, I know Warrick didn't have anything to do with it, but he needs to back off. Guys like Lou Gedda, they don't skip on murder and extortion by being lucky.
- Grissom: What does that mean? You think Gedda's got friends inside the department?
- Brass: Well, unlike Warrick, I don't make accusations until I have proof.
- IAB Investigator: So, in the course of developing this informant, you took her to a motel and had sex with her?
- Warrick: That part was personal.
- IAB Investigator: CSI Brown, in your mind, is there any distinction between personal and official?
- Warrick: Have you guys bothered to call the motel? I checked in with a credit card. I checked out around 5:00. I called a cab. Talk to the cab driver. When I woke up, Candy was gone. When I got back to the club to pick up my car, she was dead. Listen to me. I did not kill her. But I know damn well who did.
- Wendy: Anytime a dog is impounded in a criminal case, its DNA is collected and profiled. It's just like CODIS.
- Hodges: DODIS.
- Wendy: Anyway most of the cases in the database are gang-related. But I figured, well, it's worth a shot.
- Hodges: Well, that'll look good on the old Grissom point meter.
- Wendy: It's protocol.
- Hodges: I'm just saying, be careful. No one likes a kiss-ass.
- David: Hey Doc.
- Doc Robbins: Hey.
- David: I heard your band killed last night.
- Doc Robbins: Really? Who'd you hear that from.
- David: My wife's second cousin. Works in the mayor's office for the budget and finance director. He was at the country club. Grooved to your moldy oldies all night.
- Doc Robbins: They're classics.
- William Petersen ... Gil Grissom
- Marg Helgenberger ... Catherine Willows
- Gary Dourdan ... Warrick Brown
- George Eads ... Nick Stokes
- Eric Szmanda ... Greg Sanders
- Robert David Hall ... Dr. Al Robbins
- Wallace Langham ... David Hodges
- Paul Guilfoyle ... Captain Jim Brass
- Erik Jensen ... D.D.A. Jeffrey Sinclair
- David Berman ... David Phillips
- Sheeri Rappaport ... Mandy Webster
- Jon Wellner ... Henry Andrews
- Terry Bozeman ... Attorney Brad Lewis
- Geoffrey Rivas ... Detective Sam Vega
- Larry Mitchell ... Officer Mitchell
- Vincent Laresca ... Gino Aquino
- Zack Ward ... Steve Card
- Jesse Borrego ... Felix Rodriguez
- Mark L. Young ... Tommy Halpert
- Jamie Luner ... Elizabeth "Liz" Rodriguez
- John Capodice ... Lou Gedda
- Dennis Christopher ... Richard Dorsey
- Rebecca Budig ... Joanna "Candy" Krumsky
- Tim Kelleher ... IAB Investigator
- Chris DeRose ... Animal Control Officer
- Roy Jackson ... N.D. Officer
- Nelson Mashita ... E.R. Doctor
- Larry Mitchell ... Officer Mitchell
- Fernando Negrette ... Dogfight Referee
- Maria Russell ... Deena Aquino
- Maxie J. Santillan Jr. ... Homeless Man
- Robert Esser ... Waiter
- List of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation episodes
- CSI:Crime Scene Investigation Season 8
- Category:Images from Lying Down With Dogs
|CSI:Las Vegas Season 8|
|Dead Doll • A La Cart • Go to Hell • The Case of the Cross-Dressing Carp • The Chick Chop Flick Shop • Who and What • Where and Why • Goodbye and Good Luck • You Kill Me • Cockroaches • Lying Down With Dogs • Bull • Grissom's Divine Comedy • A Thousand Days On Earth • Drops Out • The Theory of Everything • Two And A Half Deaths • For Gedda|