|Writer||David M. Stern|
|Original Airdate||September 30, 2002|
|Previous Episode: Pro Per|
|Next Episode: Under the Influence|
"Lost Son" is the second episode of the third season of CSI: Miami.
A normal case which begins with the discovery of a businessman's bullet-ridden body aboard an empty yacht that smashed into a bridge has the team uncovering information that suggests that the dead man was delivering the ransom for his kidnapped son. The case soon takes a tragic turn when Speedle dies from injuries sustained in a shoot-out at a jewelry store, leaving the team devastated and more determined than ever to find out who is responsible.
- As a result of failing to clean his gun, Speedle is shot dead while he and Horatio end up involved in a shootout at a jewellery stone, leaving the entire team devastated.
- Speed's funeral is held as the team all say their final goodbyes to him.
- Boti Bliss as Maxine Valera
- Leslie Odom Jr. as Joseph Kayle
- Brooke Bloom as Cynthia Wells
- David Lee Smith as Rick Stetler
- Cristian de la Fuente as Sam Belmontes
- Samuel Ball as Ken Timmons
- Missy Crider as Tawny Williams
- John Sanderford as Reed Williams
- Sean Cw Johnson as Justin
- Billy Crystal as Jerry Stahl
- Lauren Storm as Cameron
- William Mapother as Pete Keller
- Rudolf Martin as Rudolph "Rudy" Koehler
- Colton Shires as Joey Williams
- Pepper Sweeney as D.O.I. Supervisor
- Dexter Fletcher as Swat Leader
- This is the final episode where Rory Cochrane plays the regular role of Tim Speedle.
- The MythBusters attempted to recreate the diamond creation. However, the myth turned out to be "Busted"; the graphite did not change its shape at all