Anthony E. Zuiker
|Director||Richard J. Lewis|
|Original Airdate||April 24, 2003|
Last Laugh is the twentieth episode of season three of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
A comedian is poisoned on stage and his death turns out to be connected to the death of a teenager. Meanwhile, a woman in her bathtub drowns and the CSIs don't think it was an accident.
Grissom and Catherine investigate the murder of an insult comic named Dougie Max (Jeffrey Ross) who dropped dead on stage after drinking from a tainted bottle of designer water. Warrick is sent to a convenience store to investigate the death of a 15-year-old boy only to find out the boy died after drinking the same brand of water. The cops trace the water and other acts of hostility to a comic who hated Max's lowest-common-denominator comedy and attitude, and who has an on-stage breakdown where he confesses to killing Max and laments that an innocent kid got killed as well.
Brass asks Nick and Sara to investigate a case he ruled an accidental death after spotting the 'grieving' husband in a very expensive new car. They figure out that the husband's story of an accidental drowning isn't backed by physical evidence, and deduce that the wife was drowned by the husband while taking a bath. The case can't be prosecuted, but Brass talks to the husband's insurance company and gets them to impound the car, with promises of more civil liabilities and a continuing criminal investigation to come.
- William Petersen as Gil Grissom
- Marg Helgenberger as Catherine Willows
- Gary Dourdan as Warrick Brown
- George Eads as Nick Stokes
- Jorja Fox as Sara Sidle
- Eric Szmanda as Greg Sanders
- Robert David Hall as Dr. Al Robbins
- Paul Guilfoyle as Jim Brass
- Tom Gallop as Attorney Randy Painter
- Wallace Langham as David Hodges
- Leslie Bega as Leah
- David Berman as David Phillips
- Paula Francis as News Anchor
- Bobcat Goldthwait as Michael Borland
- Jeffrey Ross as Dougie Max
- Gilbert Gottfried as Stand-Up Comedian
- Bryan Callen as Barry Yoder, Bartender
- Alan Blumenfeld as Alan Sobel, Comedy Club Owner
- Jeff Perry as George Stark
- Sandra Purpuro as Shelley Stark
- Maggie Wheeler as Stand-Up Comedian
- Larry Thomas as Convenience Store Clerk
- Molly Weber as Waitress
- Anthony E. Zuiker as Heckler
- Series creator Anthony E. Zuiker has a cameo appearance as a heckler at the end of the episode's final scene.
- The brand name of the bottled water which is poisoned is named "Innoko", which is the name of a wildlife refuge in Alaska.
- List of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation episodes
- CSI:Crime Scene Investigation Season 3
- Category:Images from Last Laugh
|CSI:Las Vegas Season 3|
|Revenge is Best Served Cold • The Accused is Entitled • Let the Seller Beware • A Little Murder • Abra-Cadaver • The Execution of Catherine Willows • Fight Night • Snuff • Blood Lust • High and Low • Recipe for Murder • Got Murder? • Random Acts of Violence • One Hit Wonder • Lady Heather's Box • Lucky Strike • Crash & Burn • Precious Metal • A Night at the Movies • Last Laugh • Forever • Play with Fire • Inside the Box|