The Las Vegas Crime Lab is a scientific laboratory located in Las Vegas, which uses primarily forensic science for the purpose of examining evidence from criminal cases while determining who is responsible for the crime that has been committed.
CSIs are equipped with guns in the field, but are not considered police officers. CSIs often mention this to suspects to make them feel more comfortable. 
The Crime Lab is headed by Undersheriff Conrad Ecklie and reports directly into the Sheriff's office.  Ecklie was once the Assistant Director and also former Dayshift supervisor of the Crime Lab, but was promoted to Undersherrif after former Undersheriff Jeffrey McKeen was arrested for killing CSI Warrick Brown in the Season 8 opening episode, "For Warrick".
In addition to that, all CSI personnel including some of the techs usually wear stab vests if they're out in the field, doing work or investigating any crime scenes. As well as giving the tags which ID'ds them as LVPD CSIs, they also give the wearer's surname and have various pockets useful for carrying small objects.
The Crime Lab has three shifts:
- Day shift - 6 am to 2 pm 5am to 1pm 
- Swing shift - 2 pm to 10 pm 
- Night shift - 10 pm to 6 am 
Each shift has a different supervisor.
- Day shift -
- Swing shift -
- Night shift - Supervisor: D.B. Russell, assistant supervisor Julie Finlay (Jules)
Different CSIs work on different shifts:
Different lab techs specialize in different areas:
- Trace - David Hodges.
- DNA - Henry Andrews.
- Toxicology - Henry Andrews.
- Ballistics - Xiomara Garcia.
- Fingerprints - Mandy Webster.
- Audio/Video - Archie Johnson.
- Handwriting- Archie Johnson.
- Riley Adams- (Resigned due to issues with Catherine Willows's leadership as well as feeling that the team was not working together and accepted a law enforcement position in the Midwest).
- Warrick Brown- (Deceased. Murdered at the hands of rogue Sheriff Jeffrey McKeen.)
- Raymond Langston- (Left the Crime Lab after his IA inquiry and moved to Baltimore to be with Gloria).
- Catherine Willows- (Resigned to go accept a position at the FBI).
- Sofia Curtis- (Is now working as the Deputy Chief of the LVPD).
- Wendy Simms- (Resigned from the Crime Lab to accept a position at a Crime Lab in Portland where her sister lives).
- Bobby Dawson- (Was transferred to the dayshift).
- Mia Dickerson- (Resigned).
Inside the CSI Las Vegas Crime Lab Building
Break Room- Where all personnel in the Lab go if they need something to eat or drink or just regroup in general during or after a very tough case.
Interrogation Room- Where various suspects are taken to be interviewed by the CSIs.
Office- Formerly belonging to Gil Grissom which was decorated with various pieces of his bug and insect collection, his office is now shared by the majority of the CSI team including their new supervisor, D.B Russell.
DNA Lab- Where Greg Sanders and his replacements, Mia Dickerson and Wendy Simms once worked. Henry Andrews, the Crime Lab's expert on toxins works there, having been chosen as the permanent replacement.
Trace- Where David Hodges works.
Fingerprints- Where Mandy Webster works. Jacqui Franco formerly worked there too.
Audio/Video- Archie Johnson works here.
Handwriting- Archie works here too.
Evidence Garage- Where the team usually work on various cars and jeeps related to the current case.
Layout Room- Where various photos relating to the current case the team are working on are usually displayed and the table is often used so that rough sketches can be drawn or the team can ponder on the case, looking for new ideas.
Locker Room- Where the CSIs store their personal belongings.