|If I Had a Hammer...|
|Original Airdate||April 23, 2009|
If I Had a Hammer... is the twenty-first episode of the ninth season of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
The crime lab reinvestigates one of Catherine's earliest murder cases from the 1980s when the man who was found guilty motions for a retrial, claiming to have been wrongfully convicted.
| "This isn't enough evidence."|
This article is Trace Evidence. You can help the Crime Lab by investigating it further.
- Laurence Fishburne as Raymond Langston
- Marg Helgenberger as Catherine Willows
- George Eads as Nick Stokes
- Eric Szmanda as Greg Sanders
- Robert David Hall as Dr. Al Robbins
- Wallace Langham as David Hodges
- Lauren Lee Smith as Riley Adams
- Paul Guilfoyle as Jim Brass
- David Berman as David Phillips
- Liz Vassey as Wendy Simms
- Archie Kao as Archie Johnson
- Marc Vann as Conrad Ecklie
- Henry Thomas as Jeremy Kent
- Charlotte Ross as Sabrina Owen
- Brooke Newton as Sabrina Littee
- Mark Totty as Clint Owen
- John Prosky as ADA Vanderpool
- John Bain as Tyler Owen
- Adolphus Ward as Thomas Harrott
- When Riley types in the license number of the car into the Nevada State Police DMV database, she puts the car plate number into the driver's license field.
- When Brass goes to Sabrina's house and Sabrina says the line "Can I help you?", Sabrina's hand goes from her hair to her side in between shots.
- When Hodges holds the petri dish with the glass fragment in it out towards Catherine, the position of the petri dish in his hand changes positions in between shots
- The tree in which the hammer is found is described as Quercus agrifolia and given the common name desert oak. Q. agrifolia is actually coast live oak and does not grow in Las Vegas. The tree shown in the show does not look like coast live oak.
- After finding the hammer, they say that the tree grew around it and preserved the prints. However, this process would have taken months of years to occur. Until the hammer was encased by the tree it was exposed to bacteria, insects and all kinds of weather. This would have destroyed almost all traces of the fingerprints and made any kind of print match impossible. It would have also degraded any DNA in the blood and made any genetic match to the victim or suspect(s) impossible.
- The blood on the piece of glass would have degraded after 18 years, making any kind of DNA match impossible.
- List of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation episodes
- CSI:Crime Scene Investigation Season 9
- Category:Images from If I Had a Hammer...
|CSI:Las Vegas Season 9|
|For Warrick • The Happy Place • Art Imitates Life • Let it Bleed • Leave out All the Rest • Say Uncle • Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda • Young Man with a Horn • 19 Down • One to Go • The Grave Shift • Disarmed and Dangerous • Deep Fried and Minty Fresh • Miscarriage of Justice • Kill Me If You Can • Turn, Turn, Turn • No Way Out • Mascara • The Descent of Man • A Space Oddity • If I Had a Hammer... • The Gone Dead Train • Hog Heaven • All In|