|Director||Richard J. Lewis|
|Original Airdate||May 12, 2005|
"Iced" is the twenty-third episode in the fifth season of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
With Gil Grissom in court, Sara and Greg investigating the death of two students in a dorm room, Nick, Warrick and Catherine investigate a man found dead in a 'crop circle.' Ecklie was forced to investigate the death of a man from Jersey, who's body soon disappears from the morgue.
Trip and Paula have sex and in the morning, Greg, Grissom and Sara find them, pink skinned as discovered by David Phillips. Before leaving for his testimony on the Hoyt case, Grissom tells Greg and Sara that he sees no source for carbon monoxide. Outside the dorm, Brass interviews the RA and next door neighbor and discovered Trip missed a game and the RA had the neighbour jimmy open the door only to find them dead. Finding no trace of carbon monoxide, Greg finds semen on Trip's and the neighbor's door nob and soon realizes he puts used condoms on his neighbor's door nob. Hearing a nearby toilet explode, Greg process it and finds nothing explosive was put down. At the lab, Robbins confirmed it wasn't carbon monoxide that killed the victims and has Hodges smell the stomach contents for cyanide, but he finds nothing. Henry Andrews, the new Tox tech reveals the victims died of carbon dioxide. Back at the crime scene, Sara finds a hole in the wall and questions the neighbor, discovering the hole was made from his room. He revealed he was in LA for his boyfriend's birthday for four days and he allows them to use their room for an experiment after they find out the neighbor had a burn on his finger. Greg and Sara realize that dry ice was used to kill the victims as it releases carbon dioxide and that it is very cold, which is why the victims were pink. They also discover that the remaining dry ice was thrown down the toilet and that 40 pounds of dry ice was bought from the science lab by the RA, making her the killer because Trip used to date her.
In a remote field, Catherine and Warrick find a dead body and David asked them to photograph the crop circle around them. Discovering urine on the victim's underwear, grass stains on the pants and a tape worm coming out of the mouth, they realize he may have been dared and realize he died of a heart attack. Discovering a helicopter made the crop circle, Catherine and Warrick asks the pilot about it, who replies he wants immunity. The pilot gives the name of the cameraman, who hands voluntarily them a tape of a man about to make the victim do a drop from the helicopter without a parachute from 4 feet, which the victim thought was way higher due to being blindfolded. Catherine soon tells the man that he will be 'Going All the Way' to jail for 25 years.
With everyone on a case and Sofia on task force leave, Ecklie has no choice but to investigate how a man from New Jersey died at the Tangiers near his rental car. The one who found the body, who was walking to her husband's anniversary car, stepped in the victim's blood, mistaking it for gum and had to wait a few hours before Ecklie arrived. Later at the morgue, Robbins and Ecklie are about to do an autopsy on the victim, they discover it missing. Later, while they try to find where it was taken, Robbins, who is volunteering while the cooler is printed finds an airline napkin for a woman. They interview her and learn that the victim was planning to go to a party at Seven Hills.
- First appearance of Henry Andrews.
- David Hodges has the genetic quirk.
- David Phillips reveals he is engaged.
- Ecklie is revealed to be divorced and is alergic to cats.
- William Petersen as Gil Grissom
- Marg Helgenberger as Catherine Willows
- Gary Dourdan as Warrick Brown
- George Eads as Nick Stokes
- Jorja Fox as Sara Sidle
- Eric Szmanda as Greg Sanders
- Paul Guilfoyle as Jim Brass
- Robert David Hall as Dr. Al Robbins
- Aisha Tyler as Mia Dickerson
- Alex Carter as Detective Louis Vartann
- Wallace Langham as David Hodges
- Marc Vann as Conrad Ecklie
- Archie Kao as Archie Johnson
- Jason Segel as Neil Jansen
- David Berman as David Phillips
- Jon Wellner as Henry Andrews
- James Ransone as Zack Capola
- Alexandra Lydon as Susan Hemmington
- Billy Gardell as Charlie Jackson
- Jennifer Blanc as Jacinda Hendler
- Ken Garito as Tucker the Host
- Casey Biggs as Mr. Wilmont
- Kim Johnston Ulrich as Mrs. Levine
- Katie Mitchell as Mrs. Willmont
- Katherine Henryk as Mrs. Vivoldi
- Greg Anthony as Kevin Staniland
- Regan Burns as James Billmeyer
- Lindsay Dennis as Paula Levine
- Roger Ranney as Morgan Wendal
- Ross Thomas as Trip Wilmont
- Paul Wilson as Preston Stuart