Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Original Airdate||October 14, 2004|
"Harvest" is the third episode of the fifth season of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
An Amber Alert is sent out when a young girl, Alycia, is kidnapped. Meanwhile, Catherine has to deal with Lindsey, who was caught hitchhiking.
Alycia, a 13 year old girl, is with her sister at a convenience store, when somebody pulls her into a white vans and pulls away. The CSI investigate her room and find a science fair project on the human body. They search her computer and find she was looking up detailed websites about organ transplants. So they question her brother, who runs out when he gets a nosebleed. Next, her sister, who has no idea why they are accusing her of something. Next, they question her crush, and he tells them, that someone had been following the two of them. He gives them the picture and they go to his address. They search his house and find a pair of pink underwear on his bed, preferably a girl's pair of underwear. They search his phone and find pictures of Alycia. They arrest him, and take him to jail. They soon get a call that her body was found in the trunk of a car in a corn field. They take her body to HQ, and discover marks on her back. They search her house and find a camera on a stand. They take the stand back to their cars and Grissom questions the parents. That's when Grissom thinks back to April's brother, when he got a sudden nosebleed. Nosebleeds are common in leukemia. They look through the medicine cabinets and find leukemia medication, and another medication that cures something unknown. They ask the brother, and discover Alycia had donated bone marrow to him twice, both times from her hips. Back at HQ, they examine an xray of her hips, and find tiny pinholes where the marrow was taken. It's a miracle she stayed alive for so long, considering it's hard to take marrow from someone once, let along twice. They find she also has to take a daily supplement for calcium. They discover the marks on Alycia's back matched the poles on the camera stand, the one they got from the trunk of Alycia's dad's car. They question her parents, and they admit they were the ones who killed her. Her mother gave her the wrong medicine, which slowly killed her and caused her blood to get on the blanket they wrapped her in. They tossed her in the dad's trunk until they found a place to put her. So they drive an old car down into the cornfield and toss her body in the trunk of a deserted car. Then, Grissom goes to the church where her brother, Daniel, is. He says he killed her so she wouldn't have to suffer any longer. Grissom says that is bogus, in which Daniel responds by saying Grissom doesn't believe in God. He then tells Grissom that because of his failing kidneys, he only has six months left, and he'll be dead before there's even a trial.
- Greg's replacement, Mia Dickerson is introduced for the first time.
- It's revealed that Mia suffers from OCD.
Main Cast Edit
- William Petersen as Gil Grissom
- Marg Helgenberger as Catherine Willows
- Gary Dourdan as Warrick Brown
- George Eads as Nick Stokes
- Jorja Fox as Sara Sidle
- Eric Szmanda as Greg Sanders
- Robert David Hall as Dr. Al Robbins
- Paul Guilfoyle as Jim Brass
Recurring Roles Edit
- Aisha Tyler as Mia Dickerson
- Madison McReynolds as Lindsey Willows
- Archie Kao as Archie Johnson
- David Berman as David Phillips
- Paula Francis as News Anchor
Guest Stars Edit
- America Ferrera as April Perez
- Ramon De Ocampo as Daniel Perez
- Carlos Gómez as Carlos Perez
- Thomas Dekker as Jimmy Jones
- D.B. Woodside as Marlon Waylord
- Melissa Leo as Sybil Perez
- Briann Benali as Alicia Perez
- Bijoux Bohon as Alicia Perez - Age 4
- Jodi Carlisle - Jimmy's Mom
- Mary Kathleen Gordon - Sister Teresa
- Aisha Tyler makes her first appearance as Mia Dickerson, who takes over the DNA lab now that Greg is working the field. Previously, she appeared in the CSI: Miami episode "Body Count" as District Attorney Janet Medrano.
- In Season 3, Lindsey was 7 years old, but in season 5, she is now 12 years old.
- When Alicia is taken to the morgue for the autopsy, her eyelids move and her right foot moves automatically in a more comfortable, natural position.
- When Sara and her colleague search the MapQuest database, the date displayed is 10-5-07.
- Grissom: Nick. You failed your firearm qualifications. You can't be here.
- Nick: Oh, yeah, well, I'm taking it again, day after tomorrow so I figured I could work.
- Grissom: Not in the field.
- Nick: You're serious?
- Grissom: You're in violation just carrying a weapon.
- Sara (to Greg): This counts as field work, you know.
- Greg: Oh, I'm smiling on the inside.
- Sara: Dirty laundry or garbage? (before Greg can answer) You know what? You take garbage.
- Greg: Thanks.
- Greg (to Warrick): Just hedging my bets.
- Warrick: How so?
- Greg: Well, I need field experience, but before I get that, I need to find a replacement. So far, I'm oh-for-one. Plus, she's hot and thinks you're a tool, so I'm way ahead.
- Greg: Mia Dickerson, Warrick Brown.
- Warrick: Welcome.
- Mia: Look, I already know you have a running bet with another CSI over how long the new hire lasts, so let's skip it. You got something for DNA?
- Warrick (while looking at the map of registered sex offenders): Phew! That's a lot of perverts.
- Nick: Get out of jail, come to Vegas.
- Greg (to Mia): So would you like to grab a bite later? I know a diner down the street that serves a mean liver and onions.
- Mia: I don't eat out.
- Greg: Never ever?
- Mia: I don't like expectorant.
- Greg: Really?
- Mia: Kitchen staff talk while they prepare your food and then the wait staff repeats your order over the plate and by the time you get your meal, there are several DNA samples coating it.
- Greg: Wow.
- Mia: Yeah. No, thank you. I don't eat birthday cake either.
- Greg: Oh, blowing out the candles.
- Mia: Ugh. Don't get me started.
- Catherine: Mouthing off to teachers, slipping grades and now hitchhiking. I mean, what's next, Lindsey?
- Lindsey (muttering): Stripping.
- Catherine: What did you just say? Okay, no phone, no friends, no nothing.
- Lindsey: For how long?
- Catherine: A month.
- Lindsey: Whatever.
- Catherine: Hey, you want to make it two?
- Lindsey: Dad always said you were a drama queen.
- Catherine: Well, what do you expect, Lindsey? Since he was always high.
- Lindsey: I'd take Dad high over you any day! Nana's coming to pick me up. I'll be out front.
- Catherine (to Grissom): Have you been to bed?
- Grissom: Yes.
- Catherine: Did you sleep? (pauses) Me neither. She was the same age as Lindsey. She was trying to hitchhike.
- Grissom: Where was she going?
- Catherine: Fremont Street.
- Grissom: Was she buying drugs?
- Catherine: No! She's twelve. She's... just so angry. She doesn't talk to me.
- Grissom: Well, if enough people knew what was out there hunting them, they'd never leave their house. I think you need to sit her down.
- Catherine: Well, I don't want to scare her. I don't want my daughter to be this... frightened, paranoid kid who's always looking over her shoulder.
- Grissom: Catherine, there's a big difference between scaring her and preparing her. And all the reasons why you should are in that room.
- Daniel (to Grissom): I didn't realize until... today... how lucky I am. I know pretty much... how and when I'm gonna die. Most people don't. It's what they're afraid of.
- Grissom: Was your sister afraid?
- Daniel: Never. I'm eleven years older than her and she took care of me. She was my best friend, and I miss her. As much pain as...I caused her... and she wouldn't give up, and she...she wouldn't let me, either. That's why... during the last relapse, I made my parents swear that it was the very last time.
- Grissom: But then your kidneys failed and they broke their word, huh?
- Daniel: They told me they... swore not to fight the cancer, so this didn't count. I wasn't gonna lose this fight. I couldn't watch her suffer anymore.
- Grissom: This wasn't a mercy killing, Daniel. This was an execution. Bone marrow, transfusions. That's her blood in your veins. It dripped out of your nose onto the blanket while you were killing her. If you cared so much for Alicia, why didn't you take your own life instead of hers?
- Daniel: Suicide isn't an option. It's an unforgivable sin in the eyes of God.
- Grissom: But you believe that your god forgives murder? If that's your defense, it won't keep you out of jail.
- Daniel (crying): But my death will. See, I've got about six more months. I'll be dead before there's even a trial. I-I do want to thank you, though.
- Grissom: For what?
- Daniel: For speaking for Alicia. You're probably the first person in her life to think only of her. You know, you may not believe in God, sir, but you do his work.