|Director||Richard J. Lewis|
|Original Airdate||October 20, 2005|
Gum Drops is fifth episode of season six of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
Nick becomes the lead on a case where a family of four is missing, but three pools of blood are found in their home.
- At the beginning of the episode Nick tells the officer: "Begin at the beginning." At the end of the episode, he says the same thing to Cassie: "We'll begin at the beginning." Thus, the circle is closed.
- This is the first time that Nick gave the final one-liner before the opening theme
- The plot of the episode was originally going to be how Grissom was convinced that Cassie was still alive. When William Petersen's nephew died, he flew home and was unavailable for the filming of the episode so it became that Nick was still convinced that Cassie was still alive.
- The LVPD patrol boat was registered in California. Las Vegas is in Nevada. That just seems like a long distance to trailer a police boat.
- The keyboard used by Archie when analyzing the ATM video is a Logitech diNovo.
- The gum wrapper had the brand, Bubblicious.
- The gum that Cassie uses to make the trail is the same brand Nick uses to cover his ears in the two-part Season 5 finale "Grave Danger, Part 1" and "Grave Danger, Part 2" when he shoots the light in the coffin.
- Once again, the whole crime scene had not been checked by the police before the CSIs were called, thus leading to Sara to find the marijuana room downstairs on her own.
- Cassie's handmade card to Nick reads: Thanks for finding me. From: Cassie. To: Good Guys. About: Bad Guys.
- When Nick has an altercation in the interrogation room, a single tear falls down from the boy's left eye. When the shot changes to a different angle, the tear is coming down from his right eye.
- While processing the student's car, just after finding the gum wrapper, Eric Szmanda cracks the back of his head against the door frame as he stands up. Like a pro, he just carries on even though you can see him wince as he does it.
- Nick (to Sherrif Brackett): What do you know about the family?
- Sheriff Dennis Brackett: Jude McBride, great guy, stay-at-home dad. Nina owns a local coffee shop. Jeremy's a junior in high school, smart kid. Ten-year-old daughter, Cassie. Pip-squeak.
- Nick: Sounds like all that's missing is the white picket fence, huh?
- Sheriff Dennis Brackett: Yeah. We don't even know where to start looking.
- Nick: Begin at the beginning.
- Greg (after finding marijuana in the McBrides' house): Whoa, Sweet Mary Jane.
- Warrick (about Jeremy McBride): He's trafficking term papers.
- Nick: Man, whatever happened to just flippin' burgers?
- Archie (after finding Cassie on the ATM video): Dead people don't suck their thumbs.
- Sara (to Nick): Can I talk to you for a minute?
- Nick: Sure, what's up?
- Sara: I...I think I need to talk about what happened at the station.
- Nick: Oh, yeah.
- Sara: I'm slightly concerned about its effect on the case, but more than that, I'm concerned about the case's effect on you, Nick and I'm absolutely sure that, six months ago, you wouldn't have lost it like that.
- Nick: I know, I'm sorry. I apologize for that.
- Sara (to Nick): Everything in our experience tells us they're dead.. all four of them.
- Nick: Doesn't mean we just give up.
- Sara: No one's giving up. It's just that... you're acting like you're gonna rescue a person, not recover a body. And on this job that's not usually the case.
- Nick: I was rescued.
- Sara: It was not your day to die. When it's your day, it's your day. You know?
- Nick: I don't think it was Cassie's day.
- Nick (to Cassie McBride): We'll go slow, okay? And we'll just begin at the beginning, okay?
- Cassie McBride: They came to my house. They had a fight. They couldn't find what they were looking for. I loved my family.
- William Petersen as Gil Grissom (credited only)
- Marg Helgenberger as Catherine Willows
- Gary Dourdan as Warrick Brown
- George Eads as Nick Stokes
- Jorja Fox as Sara Sidle
- Eric Szmanda as Greg Sanders
- Robert David Hall as Dr. Al Robbins
- Paul Guilfoyle as Captain Jim Brass (credited only)
Guest Starring CastEdit
- Melora Walters as Sage
- Michael McGrady as Sherrif Dennis Brackett
- Scott Paulin as Dr. Malcolm Parker
- Mary Matilyn Mouser as Cassie McBride
- Jennifer Savidge as Jill Locke
- Matt Funke as Mark Horvatin
- Trever O'Brien as Peter Locke
- Lindsey Ginter as Chris Daniels
- Chase Ryan Jeffery as Luke Daniels
- Hunter Parrish as Jeremy McBride
- Don Michael Paul as Mark Horvatin Sr.
- Mark Pellegrino as Elliot Perlota
- Mark Vanselow as Driver