Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Grissom's Divine Comedy|
|Director||Richard J. Lewis|
|Original Airdate||8 April, 2008|
|Previous Episode: Bull|
|Next Episode: A Thousand Days On Earth|
Grissom's Divine Comedy is the twelfth episode of the eigth season of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
Grissom and his team battle the flu when they are called upon by D.D.A. Klein to investigate the deaths of several key witnesses for a grand jury case against a dangerous Las Vegas gang.
The jury about to prosecute a known gangmember for murder becomes increasingly antsy when the key witness in the trial is murdered, leaving it to the CSIs, who are battling flu, to find the killer and keep the suspect in custody.
- William Petersen's dog, Bruno, made his second appearance on the show. The first one was on the episode "Leaping Lizards."
- Grissom grows his beard back.
- Goof: When Warrick examines the burnt car and discovers the gun you can see a shiny earring in his left ear in the close-up only to discover it is gone in the next scene.
- Goof: When Warrick and Grissom head up the stairs to search the gang-leader's apartment, Warrick goes over the banister twice. First immediately after the explosion, then the camera pans out and he goes over again.
- This is the first episode of the series to feature the entire CSI team working when they are sick.
- This is the first episode to be written and taped since the ending of the 2007 WGA Strike.
- Hodges: (after Nick coughs) You know, in China people wear masks when they're sick. It's considered impolite to infect your coworkers.
- Nick: Maybe you should go work in China.
- Hodges: Maybe you should wear a mask.
- Grissom: Mitch, I want to see this guy's hands.
- Donny Gomez: You ain't a cop, fool.
- Warrick: He's bigger than a cop. Show him your hands, princess.
- Warrick: Hey, Grissom, I got tickets to the Rebels tomorrow night. If you're feeling any better and you want to check it out.
- Grissom: I'll be in bed.
- Nick: Hey.
- Warrick: Oh, man, you look beat up.
- Nick: I feel beat up.
- Warrick: Why don't you ... uh ... take a break. I got this.
- Nick: No, no, I'm cool. I can push through it.
- Warrick: Yeah. You're ... uh ... breaking the lab's budget for rubber gloves here, dawg. Listen, get some rest, man. You'd do the same for me.
- Catherine: Oh, hey, Dave, nice haircut. What gives?
- David: Oh, Mrs. Phillips. An extreme makeover.
- Catherine: Mm. Oh, make sure you get those photos to Grissom.
- David: I'm all over it. (leaves)
- Doc Robbins: Sign of a good marriage. Wife still wants to change him.
- Madeline Klein: Nobody knew he was coming, Conrad. Nobody knew his name. Yeah, well, if you'd stop talking for a minute you'd understand. The investigation has been compromised. People's lives are at risk. How many people do the right thing anymore? Have a conscience? Don Cook, didn't even know what he saw. El Mataocho doesn't kill for the thrill, or because he was abused as a child, he kills because it's his answer to everything. I had him eye-witnessed, it was enough for an indictment. No indictment, no trial, he goes free and La Tierra gets stronger, so don't patronize me by saying it might be an accident. I'm not asking you for advice here, I'm telling you. I want Grissom.
- Warrick (to Greg who has a scarf wrapped around his neck): What are you doing, a catalog shoot? Where's your matching hat with your pom-pom?
- Greg: Leave me alone. I have a cold.
- Catherine (on the phone with Grissom): Let me run it down for you. Isolated stretch of Route 2, burnt car on the shoulder, burnt male victim out of the car twenty feet away. Single gunshot wound to the lower back. Passing motorist called it in, fire-department arrived within twelve minutes. Fire burned so hot they had to use foam to put it out, which of course is never good for us.
- Madeline Klein: Where is he? (Catherine hands her phone to her) I've been waiting over an hour for you, what are you walking here? How many times have I gotten out of bed in the middle of the night for you, Gil? Yeah, well I'd like to phone it in too, I left an AA meeting for this, that trumps walking pneumonia. Here you go, eyes-and-ears. (hands her back the phone)
- Catherine (on the phone): So the deputy DA got out of bed for you? Whose bed?
- Grissom: Talk to me about the road.
- Catherine: Alright. The debris paths starts approximately 100 yards from where the vehicle came to rest.
- Grissom: Show me what you see.
- Brass: Well, that didn't help.
- Madeline Klein: That kid wouldn't roll if I gave him a night with Jessica Alba.
- Brass: You're really good at making enemies, Maddy.
- Madeline Klein: That's why I'm unlisted, divorced and carry a gun.
- Madeline Klein: Maybe the reception sucks out here, I said I want Grissom. Say I asked for him personally. I don't want anyone touching anything. Thanks for your help, guys. The case is reassigned to Grissom.
- Brass: He's home sick, Maddy.
- Madeline Klein: Yeah, I heard all about it from Ecklie, blah, blah, blah. The point, that he and you seem to be missing, is that I have eighteen grand jurors sifting through evidence, trying to help me indict one of the deadliest gangs this city has ever seen.
- Brass: Did you take Cook back to Little Gordo's house? You know, maybe to verify his story?
- Madeline Klein: Yeah, I always take my secret witnesses on a bus tour of the hood.
- Brass: You know, when Don Cook first refused to testify that he saw Alvarado come out of Little Gordo's house, you know what I did? I took him to an out-of-town diner and bought him a cup of coffee. What'd you do?
- Madeline Klein: I went to Little Gordo's. (Brass nods, Maddy gets it now) Damn it. Good job, Maddy. They saw me. I can't even blame it on the booze. All they had to do was trail me back to the courthouse and watch me go into the security entrance with 18 escorted jurors. That's how they knew grand jury. (sighs, Brass is silent) Damn it! This is where you're supposed to say, "It's okay. It could happen to anyone. It's not your fault Don Cook is dead." Like hell it isn't.
- Brass: And why that apartment? Who do you know lives there?
- Donny Gomez: Nobody. I got a mental illness. I'm a firebug. I'm loco.
- Brass: You're loco?
- Donny Gomez: Who knows? (Madeline walks in) Maybe I'll set the lawyer lady's house on fire.
- Madeline Klein: Hey, little man with the big mouth. It doesn't matter what you say, 'cause all your boys are going to hear is that you rolled on Alvarado. (Gomez surges to his feet. His hands are cuffed behind his back. The officer grabs his shoulders)
- Brass: Sit down.
- Madeline Klein: Just bought yourself another ten years. I'm going to hand-pick your cell mate.
- Catherine: Never thought I'd be disappointed that we solved a case.
- Grissom: Hmm.
- Catherine: Court personnel files?
- Grissom: Reading upside down is a talent.
- Catherine: What are you looking for?
- Grissom: The leak. 90 minutes after the warrant was issued, Alvarado's apartment went up.
- Catherine: So you're looking at the judge, his staff, the clerk that issued the warrant, court reporter, any cops who knew ...
- Grissom: Yeah, but according to this, everybody cleared. The only ones left are the grand jurors ... and Maddy Klein.
- William Petersen ... Gil Grissom
- Marg Helgenberger ... Catherine Willows
- Gary Dourdan ... Warrick Brown
- George Eads ... Nick Stokes
- Eric Szmanda ... Greg Sanders
- Robert David Hall ... Dr. Al Robbins
- Wallace Langham ... David Hodges
- Paul Guilfoyle ... Captain Jim Brass
- Bonnie Bedelia ... DDA Madeline Klein
- Jack McGee ... Richard O'Malley
- Natasha Gregson Wagner ... Cody Cook
- David Burke ... Don Cook
- Robert LaSardo ... Emilio Alvarado
- Dave Shalansky ... Tim O'Shea
- Van Epperson ... Judge
- Ashley Sherman ... Marie Leahy
- Andrew Hawkes ... Ron Penn
- Daniel Louis Rivas ... Raphael Gomez
- Toya A. Brown ... Juror #1
- Kim Delgado ... Discharge Guard
- Andy Forrest ... Juror #2
- List of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation episodes
- CSI:Crime Scene Investigation Season 8
- Category:Images from Grissom's Divine Comedy
|CSI:Las Vegas Season 8|
|Dead Doll • A La Cart • Go to Hell • The Case of the Cross-Dressing Carp • The Chick Chop Flick Shop • Who and What • Where and Why • Goodbye and Good Luck • You Kill Me • Cockroaches • Lying Down With Dogs • Bull • Grissom's Divine Comedy • A Thousand Days On Earth • Drops Out • The Theory of Everything • Two And A Half Deaths • For Gedda|