|Minor Character: Las Vegas|
|Occupation|| Serial killer|
|Portrayed By||David Alan Basche|
|First Appearance||Cross Jurisdictions|
"You're not rich, Gordon."
-Gordon to Horatio
Gordon Daimler, a.k.a. "Adam van der Velk", was a prolific serial killer and rapist who appeared in the CSI: Crime Scene Investigation episode, Cross Jurisdictions, which also served as the backdoor pilot episode for CSI: Miami.
Daimler attended a swingers party where he killed the former Vegas Chief of Police Rittle and abducted his wife, Mina Rittle and daughter, Sasha. When he got to Miami, he later killed Mina Rittle, placing her body in a car before dumping it into a canal. His actions prompted Las Vegas nightshift supervisor Gil Grissom to dispatch Catherine Willows and Warrick Brown to Miami where they met their Miami counterparts led by Horatio Caine. He suffered from diabetic ketoacidosis which gave the Las Vegas and Miami teams an edge in the investigation and later proved the key to his capture.
Daimler targeted wealthy married couples who used his limousine driving service in Miami. Breaking into their homes at their own addresses, he would then kill the husbands quickly and spend two days raping and terrorizing the wives before killing them as well. In Cross Jurisdictions, he killed most of his victims with Chief Rittle's handgun, though it's unknown how he killed his other victims.
- Unspecified dates in 2001 to 2002:
- At least one unnamed couple in Pebble Beach
- At least one unnamed couple in Aspen
- At least one unnamed couple in The Hamptons
- May 2002:
- The Rittle family
- Chief Rittle (father; bound and gagged with an apple, then shot in the head; killed in Las Vegas)
- Mina Rittle (mother; abducted from Las Vegas, raped, tortured and shot twice in the head; killed in Miami)
- Sasha Rittle (daughter; abducted and attempted to shoot; she escaped)
- Jason Doyle (shot twice in the head)
- The Corwins
- Dylan Corwin (husband; assaulted and attempted to trick the SWAT into killing, but failed)
- Sissy Corwin (wife; killed)
- The Rittle family