Richard J. Lewis,
|Director||Richard J. Lewis|
|Original Airdate||October 9, 2008|
After Warrick is killed, the entire team grieves for their fallen friend. While unknown to them, the killer, the Undersheriff, investigates the murder. Also, an old friend returns when she hears the news.
Gil Grissom overhears the news of a shooting in the area he is in over the radio. He rushes to the alleyway, where he notices Warrick's Mustang, and finds a heavily bleeding Warrick Brown after he was shot by Undersheriff McKeen. Grissom urges Warrick to stay alive until help arrives. McKeen arrives and claims that he was chasing the "shooter" before he "lost" him. Warrick attempts to tell Grissom that McKeen has shot him, but dies in Grissom's arms. The rest of the team arrive, devistated by the death of Warrick. McKeen is questioned, where he claims that he heard a shot from nearby, saw a car fleeing the scene, and lost him. Meanwhile, Sara Sidle returns to Las Vegas after hearing the news of Warrick's death, where the team now believe that Warrick told the truth about someone framing him.
Looking for clues, Sara and Greg look through his apartment, and Greg finds a paternity test, where they learn he is a father, and find a DVD where he is questionned about whether he is willing to become a good father. Meanwhile, Nick Stokes sees a knuckly print on Warrick's car window, and since Warrick would never open the window to Daniel Pritchard, the man who framed Warrick, the team believes someone he knows, like McKeen must be the shooter. Grissom tests the theory out, by placing himself at the same position where McKeen said he heard the shot. He hears Nick and Catherine firing blanks just fine, but then notices that last night, the nightclub played loud music. Grissom has the club play the music, where this time, he couldn't hear the shot. The team later find that the bullets are a match to McKeen's gun, meaning it was him that was the shooter, and that he may be working with Pritchard. Since he is the undersheriff, and is over the LVPD, the team decides to hunt him down without him finding out.
Meanwhile, in a motel room, McKeen visits Pritchard, where they plan to leave to Mexico, and believes that by the time the CSI team find out the truth, it would be too late, not knowing that they already know. Pritchard has his doubts about McKeen, and takes a gun that McKeen emptied without him knowing. The team trace McKeen's phone records to the motel room, since he called the number several times, and finds the room empty, though they are able to trace his location from his cell phone. However, during the search, they see McKeen's car crashed over the road, and finds Pritchard, dead. Nick follows a blood trial alone, where he soon finds McKeen with a gunshot wound in his stomach. McKeen attempts to convince Nick that he was going to take Pritchard to prison, where Nick angrilly tells him to stop lying. McKenn then confesses that he did kill Warrick, because he wouldn;t listen to his warnings. While searching for Nick, Jim Brass hears a gunshot, and rushes to the scene, where he finds Nick and McKeen. McKeen is still alive, and Nick tells Brass that he missed, where McKeen is then arrested for the murder of Warrick.In the end, the entire team attends Warrick's funeral. Grissom gives a eulogy, before tearfully admitting that he will miss Warrick, as well as the team.
- William Petersen as Gil Grissom
- Marg Helgenberger as Catherine Willows
- Gary Dourdan as Warrick Brown
- George Eads as Nick Stokes
- Eric Szmanda as Greg Sanders
- Robert David Hall as Dr. Al Robbins
- Wallace Langham as David Hodges
- Paul Guilfoyle as Jim Brass
- Jorja Fox as Sara Sidle
- Conor O'Farrell as Undersheriff Jeffrey McKeen
- Archie Kao as Archie Johnson
- Marc Vann as Conrad Ecklie
- Liz Vassey as Wendy Simms
- Joseph Patrick Kelly as Officer Metcalf
- Larry Mitchell as Officer Mitchell
- Jon Wellner as Henry Andrews
- Sheeri Rappaport as Mandy Webster
- Gerald McCullouch as Bobby Dawson
- David Berman as David Phillips
- Thom Gossom Jr. as Minister
- David Gianopolous as Daniel Pritchard
- DeLon Howell as Officer Delvin
- Meta Golding as Tina Brewster
- [Stokes finds McKeen]
- McKeen: Thank god you're here. I was tryin' to bring Pritchard in.
- Nick: Shut up.
- McKeen: He got the drop on me, he grabbed my gun, I lost control...
- Nick: I said SHUT UP!
- McKeen: Okay, you wanna know why I did it? Warrick had a big mouth. You know, I just shot him. I'd try to warn him, but he was just too stupid to listen. You know, when I shot him, he had a big smile on his face. I told him that he could keep his job, I didn't have the heart to fire him.
- Nick: Shut up!
- This is Warrick Brown's final appearance, at least as a regular.
|CSI:Las Vegas Season Season 9|
|Template:Las Vegas Season Season 9 Links|