|Original Airdate||May 13, 2011|
Exit Strategy is the twenty-second episode of the seventh season of CSI: NY.
Mac tries to find a little girl who has been missing since 2002 and who witnessed some murders that took place at the time of a burglary.
Mac had a near death experience which led him to some self reflection. He debates whether now is the right time to retire and bring his career to a close. He ultimately decides that he would not be able to leave with closure until he is able to solve his one open case that continues to remain unclosed. Once he closes that case he can leave with peace and closure. The case that eludes him is nine years old and remains unsolved. It is a case involving a robbery at a convenience store that went wrong. He brings the DNA evidence back to Hawkes for another round of examination. The DNA evidence reveals that a girl that had been reported the day of the robbery was actually at the scene and witnessed the murder that had happened at the store. The girl was kidnapped by the suspects of the robbery and murders. Mac and the CSI team go on a search for the missing girl. The team moves forward on a lead when they publish a postcard that had been given to CSI by one of the suspect's ex-girlfriends. The handwriting on the postcard is very distinctive of the suspect. The CSI team learns that the kidnapped girl is still alive. One of the robbery suspects had been raising her as his own child. Mac is able to find the suspect but he's not one to give up easily. After nine years, he was not about to give up the girl without a fight. Mac and team persist and save the girl. Mac thinks about it some more now that he's closed his last unsolved case and has a decision to make about his career with CSI at the crime lab.
- Gary Sinise as Mac Taylor
- Sela Ward as Jo Danville
- Carmine Giovinazzo as Danny Messer
- Anna Belknap as Lindsay Messer
- Robert Joy as Sid Hammerback
- A. J. Buckley as Adam Ross
- Hill Harper as Sheldon Hawkes
- Eddie Cahill as Don Flack
- Shaya McCord as Olivia Dalton (5 Year Old)
- Allison McAtee as Jackie Thompson
- Jeannette Sousa as Samantha Rogers
- Kayla Carlson as Olivia Dalton (14 years old)
- Michael Irby as Kenny Hexton
- Lisa Sheridan as Natalie Dalton
- Clayne Crawford as Wes Dillon
- Peter Kim as Jae Kwon
- The title of the episode makes a reference to the fact that it was filmed before having confirmation if it would be the last of season 7 or the last of the show. Hence, the producers tried to do both: offer some closure while at the same time providing with a lot of story to come back to. Four days after it aired, CBS confirmed that the show would be back for an 8th season.
- "Holding On And Letting Go" by Ross Copperman
Mac: What am I doing? How much longer can I do this?
Jo: So that's why you went back to the bodega homicide, the last unsolved case. You wanted to see if you could find some closure.
Mac: I've done a lot of good.
Mac: Maybe I've done my part.
|CSI:NY Season 7|
|The 34th Floor • Unfriendly Chat • Damned If You Do • Sangre Por Sangre • Out of the Sky • Do Not Pass Go • Hide Sight • Scared Stiff • Justified • Shop Till You Drop • To What End? • Holding Cell • Party Down • Smooth Criminal • Vigilante • The Untouchable • Do or Die • Identity Crisis • Food for Thought • Nothing for Something • Life Sentence • Exit Strategy|