Doug Petrie is an American screenwriter, director, and producer. Best known as a writer, director, and co-executive producer on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. He co-wrote the screenplays for the Fantastic Four film and Harriet the Spy. He has also written for the television shows Angel, The 4400 and Tru Calling. He served as a co-executive producer and writer for two seasons on CSI: Crime Scene Investigation and as a consulting producer and writer on the second season of Pushing Daisies. He made a cameo on Joss Whedon's web-based film, Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, as "Professor Normal".
Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel creditsEdit
Petrie joined the Buffy writing staff in season three as a story editor. He was promoted to executive story editor in season four, co-producer in season five, supervising producer in season six, and finally co-executive producer midway through season seven.
Buffy the Vampire SlayerEdit
- "Bad Girls"
- "The Initiative"
- "This Year's Girl"
- "The Yoko Factor"
- "No Place Like Home"
- "Fool for Love"
- "Checkpoint" (co-written with Jane Espenson)
- "The Weight of the World"
- "Flooded" (also director; co-written with Jane Espenson)
- "As You Were" (also director)
- "Two to Go"
- "Beneath You"
- "Bring on the Night" (co-written with Marti Noxon)
- "Get It Done" (also director)
- "End of Days" (co-written with Jane Espenson)