| "This isn't enough evidence."|
This article is Trace Evidence. You can help the Crime Lab by investigating it further.
|Original Airdate||January 23, 2013|
Double Fault is the twelfth episode of the thirteenth season of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
The CSIs need to ace the case involving a rising tennis star. Meanwhile, the CSIs are surprised to hear Hodges is engaged to an Italian bombshell, whose name is Elisabetta.
A tennis star named Claudia Weber is found in the ball machine murdered with her own tennis racket, stabbed in the throat by it. One of the tennis players noticed the balls had blood on them. Three suspects emerge: her husband/ coach, Ivan, her tennis rival/doubles partner, Tara, and the doctor she was seeing because of a nightmare she was having that happened when she was 4 years old. She kept saying a name, "Brett!" They also find out that the man who says he is her father is really her adopted father. He had found Claudia on the side of the road up in Mt. Charleston. She was bleeding and near death, so he took her to the hospital. Claudia was holding her toy rabbit she always carried with her. The CSIs find her blood on the rabbit. They then try to find out where her parents are and find out who this Brett person is. Greg and Nick go up to Mt. Chaleston and find the bodies of Claudia's real parents. They were killed by a shovel. They then find her brother, Brett, who they find out was beaten by his father since he was 8, and his mother didn't do anything about it. His mom said his many broken bones were from playing football. Brett then decided on that camping trip in Mt. Charleston to kill his parents and beat them to death with a shovel. He told Claudia to stay in the tent, but she would not listen. He said he didn't mean to hurt Claudia, but accidentaly hit her with the shovel, and he thought she was dead, so he fled. He then says he looked up Claudia, and he saw that she was playing in Vegas. He came to Vegas to try and talk to her to explain what happened that night and tell his side of the story. He said he saw Tara, Claudia's rival, that night Claudia was murdered. A video shows that Claudia's rival had been sleeping with Claudia's husband/coach, Ivan. When he and Claudia decided to make up, Tara got mad and killed Claudia by hitting her three times with Claudia's racket and stabbing her in the throat with it. She then put Claudia's body in the ball machine.
Meanwhile, the CSIs find out that Hodges is engaged to a woman he met in Italy when he went there with his mother called Elisabetta.
- Ted Danson as D.B. Russell
- Elisabeth Shue as Julie Finlay
- George Eads as Nick Stokes
- Paul Guilfoyle as Jim Brass
- Jorja Fox as Sara Sidle
- Eric Szmanda as Greg Sanders
- Robert David Hall as Dr. Al Robbins
- David Berman as David Phillips
- Wallace Langham as David Hodges
- Elisabeth Harnois as Morgan Brody
- Jon Wellner as Henry Andrews
- Larry Mitchell as Officer Mitchell
- Susie Abromeit as Tara Janssen
- Brittany Shaw as Claudia Weber
- Justin Gimelstob as Himself
- Lindsay Davenport as Herself
- Larry Sullivan as Officer Akers
- Ivan Sergei as Ivan Cafferty
- Matt McCoy as Simon Weber
- David Chisum as Agent Smith
- Brandon Michael Rowan as Ernest Prestwich / Brent Abbot
- Christine Marie Evert as Herself
- Catrinel Menghia Marlon as Elisabetta
- Ever Carradine as Dr. Darcy Shaw
- Makenzie Moss as Claudia Weber – 4 years old
- List of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation episodes
- CSI:Crime Scene Investigation Season 13
- Category:Images from Double Fault
< Dead Air
|CSI:Las Vegas Season 13|
|Karma to Burn • Code Blue Plate Special • Wild Flowers • It Was a Very Good Year • Play Dead • Pick and Roll • Fallen Angels • CSI on Fire • Strip Maul • Risky Business Class • Dead Air • Double Fault • In Vino Veritas • Exile • Forget Me Not • Last Woman Standing • Dead of the Class • Sheltered • Backfire • Fearless • Ghosts of the Past • Skin in the Game|