|Main Character: Las Vegas|
|Name||David Gregory Phillips|
|Family|| Amy Phillips (wife) |
Joshua Adam Phillips (son)
|Portrayed By||David Berman|
|First Appearance||Friends & Lovers|
On the JobEdit
Due to his line of work, he is not fazed by much however when a victim is missing her eyeballs and has something in her mouth, David was scared to open her mouth in case her eyes were in there ("Tressed to Kill") . Though, earlier in the series, the main characters tease him about his supposed lack of social experience, David marries at some point early in the seventh season. He reveals his wife enjoys hearing all the grotesque details of his job ("Leapin' Lizards"). During the eighth season, signs show his wife is attempting to change his look but this appears to be unsuccessful.
His relationship with Doc Robbins is a very friendly one, they both enjoy each other's company and have a solid relationsip with each other, both of their wives know each other. David and his wife regularly have dinner with Doc Robbins and his wife. David also has a very good relationship with all the others on the CSI team. Catherine sometimes acted as a mother-like figure to him.
Since David often has to lift the body, so it can be taken back to lab, he often hurts his back or complains about some illness due to carrying them. One running gag is that he is almost always late to pick up the body due to some obscure reason but the CSIs always let him off.
|CSI:Crime Scene Investigation|
- David became a main cast member at the beginning of the tenth season.
- Although appeared in episodes Friends & Lovers and Blood Drops from season one, Built to Kill, Part 2 from season seven he was uncredited.
- Although credited in the opening titles, he doesn't appear in episode Cello and Goodbye from season eleven.
- It was suggested in A La Cart that David's family is Jewish as he mentions that they celebrate bar mitzvahs.
- David is a fan of Astro Quest.
- He had a crush on Sara Sidle, though it wore off later in the series when he started dating his future wife.
- His son, Joshua Adam Phillips, was born in Dead of the Class.
While investigating the brutal beheading of a woman
- Warrick: I wouldn't mention any of this to your new wife.
- David: Are you kidding? She'll wanna hear every detail. That's why I married her.
- Whenever he arrives on a scene
- David: Sorry I'm late....