Anthony E. Zuiker
|Original Airdate||May 9, 2002|
The former police chief of Las Vegas is found murdered and his 7-year-old daughter is found alive in Miami. Catherine and Warrick travel to Florida, where they assist the Miami CSIs in hunting down the killer.
|This section is a stub and requires expanding|
- William Petersen as Gil Grissom
- Marg Helgenberger as Catherine Willows
- Gary Dourdan as Warrick Brown
- George Eads as Nick Stokes
- Jorja Fox as Sara Sidle
- Paul Guilfoyle as Jim Brass
- Eric Szmanda as Greg Sanders
- Robert David Hall as Dr. Al Robbins
- Jeffrey D. Sams as Detective Cyrus Lockwood
- Joseph Patrick Kelly as Officer Joe Metcalf
Special Guest StarsEdit
- David Caruso as Lieutenant Horatio Caine
- Emily Procter as Calleigh Duquesne
- Adam Rodríguez as Eric Delko
- Khandi Alexander as Dr. Alexx Woods
- Rory Cochrane as Tim Speedle
- David Alan Basche as Gordon Daimler / Adam van der Welk
- Kari Wuhrer as Tiffany Langer
- John Kapelos as Chief Duke Rittle
- Jenna Boyd as Sasha Rittle
- Darlene Vogel as Mina Rittle
- Andre B. Blake as Composite Artist (credited as Andre Blake)
- Kim Delgado as Security Guard
- Todd Felix as Scott - Safe-Cracking Tech
- Marc Macaulay as Florida State Trooper
- Tom Hillmann as Special Agent Sackheim
- Patrick Mickler as Patrol Captain
- Ralph Navarro as Doorman
- Kerry Nicholson as Sharpshooter Detweiler
- ackson Rose as Dylan Corwin
- Paul Tei as Nightclub Manager
- Tina Powers as Honey waitress
- Candice Cook as Nevada State Trooper (uncredited)
- Johnny Hasselbach as Police Officer (uncredited)
- Monika Kramlik as Honey Girl (uncredited)
- Catherine and Warrick travel to Miami to capture a murderer responsible for killing a former police chief of Las Vegas.
- Detectives Horatio Caine, Calleigh Duquesne, Eric Delko, Tim Speedle and Medical Examiner Alexx Woods are all introduced for the first time.
- Dr Robbins goes out into the field for the first time.
- This episode served as the backdoor pilot for spin-off show CSI: Miami.
- David Caruso, Emily Procter, Adam Rodríguez, Rory Cochrane and Khandi Alexander are credited as Special Guest Stars.
- Although credited, Eric Szmanda (Greg) doesn't appear in this episode.
- Gil Grissom doesn't share any lines or scenes with any of the Miami CSI team. This is because William Petersen was against CSI spin-offs and asked the producers of CSI not to put him in any scenes with the CSI: Miami cast.
- This episode is featured on both the CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Complete Second Season and the CSI: Miami Complete First Season DVDs.
- The Miami-Dade Police Department's crime lab really is called Crime Scene Investigations, unlike Las Vegas which where they are called Crime Scene Technicians & New York where they are called C.S.U (which stands for Crime Scene Unit).
- When Catherine is running through the house at the beginning of the episode, she runs past a mirror (or a door w/ a reflective surface). The camera and crew are clearly visible (evenif only for a split second via frame-step) in the reflection.
- When Doc. Robbins is explaining to Grissom how "Trunk Man"/Jason Doyle was killed, in the close-up of him pointing to the entry wound in the neck, you can see a vein in the neck pulsating.
- Outside by Staind