Richard J. Lewis,
|Director||Richard J. Lewis|
|Original Airdate||April 28, 2005|
|Previous Episode: Hollywood Brass|
|Next Episode: Weeping Willows|
Committed is the twenty-first episode in season five of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
Sara accompanies Grissom to a mental hospital where one of its inmates has been murdered inside his room. Interviewing patients prove to be harder than usual as most of them are mentally unstable. While the two CSIs are there, they uncover more than just the crime. One of the most shocking discoveries involve a patient with a dark childhood, which is still haunting him, and a nurse with a secret.
|This section is a stub and requires expanding|
- William Petersen as Gil Grissom
- Marg Helgenberger as Catherine Willows (credited only)
- Gary Dourdan as Warrick Brown (credited only)
- George Eads as Nick Stokes (credited only)
- Jorja Fox as Sara Sidle
- Eric Szmanda as Greg Sanders
- Robert David Hall as Dr. Al Robbins
- Paul Guilfoyle as Jim Brass
- Louise Lombard as Sofia Curtis
- Wallace Langham as David Hodges
- James Badge Dale as Adam Trent
- Jon Huertas as Psych Tech Leon Madera
- David Bowe as Phil Boyd
- Christian Clemenson as Charles Pellew
- Kristoffer Ryan Winters as Robbie Garson
- Jason Matthew Smith as Jake Wernerer
- Chris Williams as Lt. Reed Owens
- Allan Kolman as Glen Frydman
- Michael Reid MacKay as Ronald Salter
- Robin Weigert as Dr. Valerie Dino
- Annie Corley as Nurse Joanne McKay
- Monique Edwards as Nurse Nanette Faber
- Harry Perry as Earl Simmonds
- Richard Wharton as Kenny Valdez
- Sara: When my father died, my mother came to a place like this for a while for evaluation. It looked the same, it smelled the same. It smelled like lies.
- Grissom: You sure you're okay?
- Sara: Crazy people do make me feel crazy.
- Why did Grissom and Sara swab the patients for their DNA? A handful of them were convicted rapists, so most (if not all) of their DNA would already be in the system.
- The "conversation" between Charles Pellew and Grissom was based (according to the director's commentary on the DVD) on an email that he received several months earlier, which seemed to have gone through a translation program, so that the syntax of the sentence seems correct, but the words actually make no sense at all.
- Marg Helgenberger, George Eads and Gary Dourdan do not appear in this episode.
- In this episode, it is discovered that Sara's mother spent some time in an institution after murdering her father.
- According to the production code, this episode was supposed to air before the previous episode "Hollywood Brass".
- For East Coast viewers, this episode was bumped to 10:00 p.m. ET due to a last-minute press conference by President Bush at 8pm ET that bumped "Survivor" to 9:00 p.m. ET.
- According to MSN's "Tv Best Bets," there was originally supposed to be a Case B ("Elsewhere, Catherine looks into the murder of a man found inside a crop circle.") in this episode. This case was used in the later season episode "Iced."
- List of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation episodes
- CSI:Crime Scene Investigation Season 5
- Category:Images from Committed