|Director||Richard J. Lewis|
|Original Airdate||November 18, 2004|
|Previous Episode: Formalities|
|Next Episode: Mea Culpa|
"Ch-Ch-Changes" is the eighth episode of the fifth season, as well as the landmark 100th episode of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
The CSI team investigate when a woman is found stabbed to death. They soon discover that the woman underwent a sex change operation and have to delve into the world of the Las Vegas transgender community to find the killer.
Main Cast Edit
- William Petersen as Gil Grissom
- Marg Helgenberger as Catherine Willows
- Gary Dourdan as Warrick Brown
- George Eads as Nick Stokes
- Jorja Fox as Sara Sidle
- Eric Szmanda as Greg Sanders
- Robert David Hall as Dr. Al Robbins
- Paul Guilfoyle as Jim Brass
Recurring Roles Edit
Guest Stars Edit
- Lindsay Crouse as Dr. Mona Lavelle
- Kate Walsh as Mimosa
- Don McManus as Francis Lavelle
- Katy Selverstone as Amber Hamshaw
- Sam Anderson as Dr. Mercer
- Raphael Sbarge as Aaron Laner
- Sarah Buxton as Wendy Garner
- Kevin Fry as Officer Mann
- Jazzmun as Mercedes
- Savannah Ajar as Tippi Lavelle
- Brian Beacock as Irv
- Marci Bowers as Bev
- Peter Breitmayer as Ed
- Deprise Brescia as Purple
- Cassandra Cass as Pink
- Bijoux Deluxe as Raspy Transgender Woman.
- Amber Lee Hardin as Dina
- Hunter as Toni
- Jody Vaclav as Mrs. Claus
- David Michael Fordham as Transgender Person. (uncredited)
- Dr. Mona Lavelle (Crouse), Mimosa (Walsh) and Wendy (Buxton) are woman in real life while Mercedes, played by Jazzmun is a transsexual woman.
- This episode received the 2005 Emmy nomination for "Outstanding Makeup For A Series" (Non-Prosthetic).
- As Nick and Warrick are assessing Wendy Garner's travel path and find that there are 14 minutes unaccounted for, the screen says "Wendy Jones' House". Her last name is Garner, her old last name was Clancy, and her fiancé's last name is Lanner, therefore it makes absolutely no sense to have "Jones" on the screen.
- Nick says Wendy lived at Sunshine Road when the map reads Sunshine Lane.
- Greg isn't using gloves to recover prints from the cassette, same thing later with Archie while rewinding it with a pencil.
- Brass: Lepidro. What kind of name is that?
- Grissom: It's from Lepidoptera, meaning "butterfly." Walter Clancy started out a gender-dysmorphic caterpillar and turned into a bloody butterfly.
- Brass: Love hurts.
- Grissom (to Catherine): Did you see any transexuals when you danced?
- Catherine: Gil, only civilians confuse strippers and showgirls. You can't cheat the full monty.
- Grissom (quoting Peanuts): I like humanity; it's people I can't stand.
- Doc Robbins (to Catherine): Piano wires. They're used to mobilize the lower part of the abdominal skin and anchor the neo-vagina so it can heal in place.
- Catherine: I can only imagine those cramps.
- Doc Robbins: The surgeon stuffs the portal with a cylinder wrapped in gauze to hold its shape while it heals, and sutures it.
- Catherine: And how long does milady have to wear a wire?
- Doc Robbins: Well, after five days, the vagina is un-sutured and the wires are removed.
- Grissom: I thought you'd want to know what happened to Wendy.
- Mimosa: I appreciate you telling me. Killed by someone in our own community. As if we don't have enough enemies. Her parents never understood her, but still I think they should know. What do I say?
- Grissom: Show them an oyster.
- Mimosa: I'm sorry?
- Grissom: There are two types of male oysters and one of them can change genders at will. And before man crawled out of the muck, maybe he had the same option. Maybe originally we were supposed to be able to switch genders, and being born with just one sex... is a mutation.
- Nick: I've never seen junkies shoot up in the face before.
- Woman: It's not smack, it's silicone. Gives you good cheek bones.
- Mercedes: The ones who can't buy silicone... shoot motor oil.
- Nick: Do they?
- Mercedes: Calm down, pretty boy. We're not the monsters. The real freaks are the suit-and-ties want to take a walk on the wild side, before sneaking back to the wife and kids. Want to go?
- Nick (shakes his head): Mm-mm.
- Greg: For the record, I really like having a penis.
- (While looking at a botched sex changing surgery in a storage room)
- Nick: Catherine? What do you think went on here?
- Catherine: Someone outsourced their health care to the wrong provider.