|Director||Richard J. Lewis|
|Original Airdate||January 15, 2004|
"Butterflied" is the twelfth episode of the fourth season of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
The double murder of a young nurse and her boyfriend makes Grissom question his workaholic lifestyle.
A nurse is found dead in her house by her friend, who is also a nurse. The victim died in her spacious bathroom, posed with her head facing the door. According to the friend, she was to have dinner with her new boyfriend, Dr. Michael Clark, who works at the same hospital. Processing the crime scene reveals very little evidence because the killer has thoroughly cleaned the place and used bleached to denature any DNA. Dr. Clark, initially a prime suspect, is later found, albeit in pieces, in garbage bins behind the house. The precision of various cuts suggests that a medical personnel is the killer. Meanwhile, this case prompts Grissom to contemplate his workaholic life and whether it is worth the life he may be missing out on.
Main Cast Edit
- William Petersen as Gil Grissom
- Marg Helgenberger as Catherine Willows
- Gary Dourdan as Warrick Brown
- George Eads as Nick Stokes
- Jorja Fox as Sara Sidle
- Paul Guilfoyle as Jim Brass
Recurring Cast Edit
- Eric Szmanda as Greg Sanders
- Robert David Hall as Dr. Al Robbins
- James Patrick Stuart as Attorney Adam Matthews
- Romy Rosemont as Jacqui Franco
- David Berman as David Phillips
Guest Star Edit
- Erinn Hayes as Debbie Marlin
- Josh Stamberg as Dr. Tripton
- Tinsley Grimes as Kelly McNeil
- Rich Hutchman as Jeff Pike
- Kyle Secor as Dr. Vincent Lurie
- Jeff Sugarman as Dr. Mulligan
- Micheal Dietz as Dr. Michael Clark (uncredited)
- The title appears to be a play on the tattoo of the woman's corpse, coining the verb 'to butterfly' as a metaphor for murder.