Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Built To Kill, Part 2|
|Original Airdate||September 28, 2006|
Built To Kill, Part 2 is the second episode in the seventh season of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. It was the second part of a two-part episode.
While Grissom is confounded by a miniature left behind at the murder site of a retired rock star, Catherine does her own investigation of when she was drugged and finds a connection to a recent case.
The episode opens with Sara and Grissom processing a scene, while Catherine questions the motel manager about who she was with the night before. The two CSIs look around the crime scene, seeing a miniature version of the crime scene. Grissom actually makes a comment that shows how much older he is than Sara, saying that a song was "Before Sara's time." Sara leaves the crime scene, finding Catherine at the motel.
Catherine asks Sara to process the scene of her rape without anyone else knowing. Sara says it'll be inadmissible. Catherine says she knows protocol and all she wants to know is what happened. Catherine emphasizes to Sara that she doesn't want to make it official. Catherine returns to the lab where she processes her improvised rape kit.
After picking up Lindsey from a dance practice, Catherine gets into a car accident. A man approaches the car, and kidnaps Lindsey. Catherine finds acceleration marks on the road, showing that the crash was deliberate. Only a few hours after the incident, Sam appears, wondering why Catherine hasn't told him of the kidnapping yet. He admits that someone is trying to use his family to get to him. He shows her photos of Catherine drugged and of Lindsey tied to a chair. During the conversation of Sam and Catherine, after calling her father a 'thug in thousand dollar shoes', Sam slaps Catherine across her mouth, and Catherine leaves, saying, "Thanks for not disappointing me, Sam." A fingerprint on Catherine's car connects it to a previous robbery and in the crime scene photos there is the chair that Lindsey is photographed tied to. This gives the CSIs the break, Lindsey is rescued, and her kidnapper shot and injured as he tries to escape. He is identified as being in the bar the previous night. His DNA shows that he is the brother of the partner of the man who committed suicide at Sam's party. When Catherine goes to tell Sam this outside his casino, the partner, Joe Hirschoff approaches and shoots Sam, before being shot himself by Sam's bodyguard when attempting to flee.
The investigation continues into the murder of the rock n' roll star, Izzy Delancy (played by Danny Bonaduce). It is discovered that Izzy was in negotiations for a stage show based on his music. The rights to his music will go to his son, but since he is a minor, it will be controlled by his mother, Izzy's first wife (though it turns out they weren't really married). They find that he was sleeping with the nanny, and that nanny has been selling private photographs of the family to a gossip website. At first, the son is suspected due to his interest in models, but eliminated when it is shown that he faints at the sight of blood. The case finishes unsolved, though Grissom finds a part of a photograph on the back of one of the photographs in the diorama.
Ecklie wants to release information to the media about the diorama. Grissom disagrees, and when Sara also states she doesn't think it is a good idea, Ecklie makes a comment that suggests he knows about their relationship. Later, Grissom tells Sara that he will deal with it.
In the episode Post Mortem (of season 7) The Miniature Killer, that killed Izzy Delancy, returns with a new victim and a new miniature model. The killer reappeared later in the season within the episodes Loco Motives, Monster in the Box and Living Doll
Main Cast Edit
- William Petersen as Gil Grissom
- Marg Helgenberger as Catherine Willows
- Gary Dourdan as Warrick Brown
- George Eads as Nick Stokes
- Jorja Fox as Sara Sidle
- Eric Szmanda as Greg Sanders
- Robert David Hall as Dr. Al Robbins
- Louise Lombard as Detective Sofia Curtis
- Paul Guilfoyle as Jim Brass
Guest Cast Edit
- Wallace Langham as David Hodges
- Scott Wilson as Sam Braun
- Liz Vassey as Wendy Simms
- Danny Bonaduce as Izzy Delancy
- Kevin Rahm as Joe Hirschoff
- Kay Panabaker as Lindsey Willows
- Marc Vann as Conrad Ecklie
- Joe Reegan as Arnie Clifton
- Adrian R'Mante as Paramedic Rivera
- Larry M. Mitchell as Officer Mitchell
- David Berman as David Phillips (uncredited)
- Kelley Daugherty as Marianne (uncredited)
- Edward C. Hayes as Robert O'Brien (uncredited)
- Sean Young as Dusty
- Monica Keena as Madeline
- Brianne Davis as Annie
- Alden Ehrenreich as Sven
- Grissom (to Doc Robbins): Cause of death?
- Doc Robbins (singing): Blunt force trauma to the back of the skull and it fractured the occipital lobe. There was massive hemorrhaging on the brain, and death was probably swift. Yeah!
- Grissom (to the corpse): Sorry, Izzy.
- Sara (to Catherine): Hey, what's going on?
- Catherine: I may have been roofied and raped. I woke up here.
- Sara: What? (they start walking)
- Catherine: I, uh, improvised my own rape kit. I've got pubic combing, nail scrapings, vaginal swab, urine samples ...
- Sara: Whoa, whoa, whoa. Did you call it in?
- Catherine: I called you.
- Sara: Catherine, doing it yourself is going to make anything that you get inadmissible.
- Catherine: Yeah, I know procedure. I didn't want an official investigation. I... I just want to know what happened.
- Sara: Okay, all right.
- Catherine: Uh ... I got to get this, uh, stuff to the lab. Room 229, it's right up there. Please print it. And keep it between us.
- Sara: Okay.
- Catherine: Thanks.
- Hodges (while taking over the cup from Catherine): Well, thank you, but there is no eating and drinking allowed in the lab.
- Catherine: It's a urine sample.
- Hodges: My bad.
- Catherine: Get it to Tox. And... (hands him the tampon) Check this for spermicide. Call me with the results.
- Hodges: Did you run out of proper swabs?
- Catherine: Just run it.
- Hodges: What's the case number?
- Catherine: Consider this a proficiency exam.
- Desk Clerk (to Catherine): Hey.
- Catherine: Did you see me last night?
- Desk Clerk: Yeah, you were feeling no pain.
- Catherine: Who was I with? Describe him. Was he white, black, tall? Hair color, car?
- Desk Clerk: Look, lady, I get paid not to notice.
- (Catherine digs into her bag and shows him her ID)
- Catherine: Who was room 229 registered to?
- Desk Clerk: Catherine Willows. You used your credit card.
- Catherine (to Grissom): I should've told you, but I didn't want a sermon. I did my own rape kit. Came back negative.
- Grissom: Thank God. These events have to be connected. We'll check your old cases for possible suspects. I'll ask Ecklie if he can kick in some help from day shift.
- Catherine: I appreciate that.
- Grissom: You've got to stay at arm's length, Catherine.
- Catherine (nods): I...I know.
- Catherine: Sam! What do you know about what happened to Lindsey?
- Sam: What do you know about it?
- Catherine: Who's using us to get to you? This is your granddaughter we're talking about. What the hell do you know?
- Sam (takes an envelope out of his pocket): Front desk found this in the quick checkout bin.
- (Catherine opens the envelope and takes out a photo of Catherine sprawled naked on the motel bed. There's a message: CAN YOU GUESS WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO GIVE ME?)
- Catherine: "Can you guess what you're going to give me" What does that mean? Who's behind this?
- Sam: I don't know. This was just found. Same place. (takes out another envelope, inside is a photo of Lindsey, blindfolded and tied to a chair in an empty room. The message reads: 20 MILLION BY WIRE. #77-889-9000-662. BANQUE ROYALE GENEVA)
- Catherine: Where is she? Who has her?
- Sam: I swear, I don't know.
- Catherine: Like hell! I blame you! I blame you for this!
- Sam: I never wanted to involve you personally or professionally in any of my business.
- Catherine: Business? You don't have a business. You're a thug in thousand dollar shoes! (Sam slaps her across the face) Thanks for not disappointing me, Sam.
- Sam (while on the phone with Catherine): When were you gonna tell me about what happened to you and Lindsey?
- Catherine: It just happened. Who told you?
- Sam: It's a small town, Catherine.
- Catherine: Well, I can't talk right now. I'll let you know when we find something out.
- Sam: Anything you need to tell me, I've got people who deal with this stuff. Nobody gets away with threatening my family.
- Grissom (while looking at Izzy's X-ray): Now, what is this? (Doc Robbins cuts open Izzy's stomach and removes a key) The key to our mystery?
- When Grissom disects the miniature doll of Izzy Delancy, the doll is standing upright, but all other times the doll is shown, it is seen as sitting down and leaning forward.