|Built to Kill, Part 1|
|Original Airdate||September 21, 2006|
|Previous Episode: Way to Go|
|Next Episode: Built to Kill, Part 2|
Foul play is suspected when an apparent suicide victim still has the gun in his hand, and a flower delivery woman is found crushed to death in the middle of a Cirque du Soleil performance.
When an ambitious dancer is killed, the CSI team must learn the inner workings of the famous show KÀ by Cirque Du Soleil to find out who killed her. Two other team members investigate the apparent suicide of a man at a party hosted by Sam Braun. Brass receives the Medal of Valor for the bullet he took and the hostage he saved in the season 6 episode "Bang-Bang". After the case is solved and closed, Catherine and Nick go out for a dance, while Grissom and Sara investigate a murder. Catherine, at the bar, returns to her drink while Nick dances with a young blonde. The bartender informs Catherine that a young man wishes to buy her next drink; she refuses, and everything blurs for her and goes black. She then wakes up in a hotel room, naked, and begins to process herself and the room; she takes a shower, and cries. The end of the episode also shows the beginning of the murder scene of rock 'n' roll star, Izzy Delancy (played by Danny Bonaduce). Grissom also discovers that the murder scene has been made into a smaller miniature model, identical to the murder scene itself. The scene also cuts to Brass in a tattoo parlour, having the date of his shooting (May 11, 2006) tattooed just below the scar of the bullet. At the end of the episode John Mayer plays his single Waiting on the World to Change in a bar. At the very end, he is also heard playing Slow Dancing In A Burning Room, another song from his 2006 album, Continuum. The end of this is heard at the beginning of the next episode.
Main Cast Edit
- William Petersen as Gil Grissom
- Marg Helgenberger as Catherine Willows
- Gary Dourdan as Warrick Brown
- George Eads as Nick Stokes
- Jorja Fox as Sara Sidle
- Eric Szmanda as Greg Sanders
- Robert David Hall as Dr. Al Robbins
- Louise Lombard as Detective Sofia Curtis
- Paul Guilfoyle as Jim Brass
Recurring Roles Edit
- Wallace Langham as David Hodges
- Scott Wilson as Sam Braun
- David Berman as David Phillips
- Nick Searcy as Sheriff Burdick
- Danny Bonaduce as Izzy Delancey
- Kevin Rahm as Joe Hirschoff
- Joe Reegan as Arnie Clifton
- Edward C. Hayes as Robert O'Brien
- Kelley Daugherty as Marianne (uncredited)
Guest Stars Edit
- John Mayer as Himself
- Lauren Noelle as Celia Noel
- Jason Zulauf as Acro Valet
- This episode marks the introduction of the Miniature Killer.
- The cell phone that Catherine used to call the crime lab is the Nextel i850.
- When Doc Robbins is checking the mouth of the suicide victim, when he opens the mouth you see a chipped tooth on the bottom middle, when they show the zoom in to see the sesame seeds there is no chip.
- When Sara walks up during the autopsy of the second victim, you can clearly see the cadaver breathing.
- Hodges (to Warrick): I perfected my butterfly technique on chicken breasts. I saute them in a Chardonnay reduction with Herbes de Provence. Drives women wild. (pause) Well, Mom.
- Catherine: I always liked the circus.
- Grissom: Yeah, it's fun trying to figure out the magic tricks.
- Catherine: Well, that's taking the fun outta it.
- Hodges: Just say the magic words.
- Warrick: "Shut up, Hodges?"
- Hodges: Open sesame.
- Warrick (while watching Brass get a commendation on television): Brass looks like he's about to puke.
- Sara: Or punch someone.
- Brass (talking about when he got shot): You wanna frame your biggest screw up and put it on the wall?
See also Edit
- List of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation episodes
- CSI:Crime Scene Investigation Season 7
- Category:Images from Built to Kill, Part 1
< Way to Go (season 6)
|CSI:Las Vegas Season 7|
|Built to Kill, Part 1 • Built to Kill, Part 2 • Toe Tags • Fannysmackin' • Double Cross • Burn Out • Post Mortem • Happenstance • Living Legend • Loco Motives • Leaving Las Vegas • Sweet Jane • Redrum • Meet Market • Law of Gravity • Monster in the Box • Fallen Idols • Empty Eyes • Big Shots • Lab Rats • Ending Happy • Leapin' Lizards • The Good, The Bad, And The Dominatrix • Living Doll|