|Blood, Sweat & Tears|
|Original Airdate||February 9, 2005|
|Previous Episode: Tanglewood|
|Next Episode: 'Til Death Do We Part|
Blood, Sweat & Tears is the fifteenth episode in season 1 of the CSI: NY
The body of a young trapeze artist is found folded into a box on Coney Island, leading Mac and Stella to the circus where they find themselves embroiled in a real-life Romeo and Juliet story between the dead contortionist, Lukas, and a trapeze arist, Anasuya. Danny and Flack find a woman's body in a laundry chute and learn that she was actually the former sorority sister of the woman who lived in that building, and turn their suspicion to the abusive husband the woman was hiding from.
- Gary Sinise as Det. Mack "Mac" Taylor
- Melina Kanakaredes as Det. Stella Bonasera
- Hill Harper as Dr. Sheldon Hawkes
- Eddie Cahill as Det. Don Flack
- Carmine Giovinazzo as Sgt. Danny Messer
- Vanessa Ferlito as Det. Aiden Burn
- Sarah Lafleur as Paige Worthy
- Kendra Sue Waldman as Lita Cartey
- Victor Browne as Jason Cartey
- Brian Tahash as Clown Judge
- Hugh Scott as Eric Slovenski
- Chris Kohn as Gator
- Perry L. Brown as Grady
- Kevin Bickford as Clown #2
- Matthew Love as Clown #3
- BeeJay Joyner as Juggler #1
- Olga Karavaeva as Juggler #2
- Ted Shred as Fire Eater
- Michael Cornacchia as Rosie
- Anthony Crivello as Ringmaster
- Michael Maize as Jake Lydell
- Blood Sweat & Tears was a band that formed in the late 1960s and had hit songs such as Spinning Wheel and And When I Die.
- The origin of the phrase, however, is a misquotation from Sir Winston Churchill's famous speech during WWII, where he said "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat". This somehow morphed into "blood, sweat and tears" - a description of someone putting their all into a project or task.
- Contortionist Daniel Browning Smith, who plays Lukas Neiman, also appears in the CSI episode Sqweegel.
- Jim Pirri, who plays Bernardo Espargosa, also appears in the CSI episode A Kiss Before Frying and in the CSI: Miami one Presumed Guilty.
- Victor Browne, who plays Jason Cartey, also appears in the CSI episode Hitting For The Cycle.
- "Let's Get It Started" by The Black Eyed Peas.
Mac: In the play, both Romeo and Juliet end up dead. Makes me wonder why our Juliet is still alive.
Stella: I don't know, but there has to be more of a connection between Romeo and Juliet than a hickey.