|A Man a Mile|
|Original Airdate||November 3, 2004|
|Previous Episode: Grand Master|
|Next Episode: Outside Man|
A Man a Mile is the fifth episode in season 1 of CSI: NY. The episode first aired on November 3, 2004.
The body of a sixteen year old woman from a well off family is found in a creek, the last seen locations of her alive are traced back to a nightclub. A body is discovered in a sewer tunnel.
- Gary Sinise as Det. Mack "Mac" Taylor
- Melina Kanakaredes as Det. Stella Bonasera
- Hill Harper as Dr. Sheldon Hawkes
- Eddie Cahill as Det. Don Flack
- Carmine Giovinazzo as Sgt. Danny Messer
- Vanessa Ferlito as Det. Aiden Burn
- Scott Richards as Attorney
- Sarah Amstutz as Hannah Recchi
- Melissa Zanit as School Girl
- Terry Kinney as District Attorney Tom Mitford
- Rosalee Mayeux as Hannah's Mother
- Melissa Lee as Melissa Wesley
- Joshua Leonard as Matt Paulson
- Sarah Foret as Tina Paulson
- Shashawnee Hall as Foreman
- John DiMaggio as Mike Donelly
- Vince Donvito as Jeff Wesley
- Mel Rodriguez as Al McGrath
- Mike Pniewski as Tom Zito
- Joseph Sikora as Joe Riggs
- Eric Ritter as Pete Riggs
A Man a Mile, is a reference to an old saying regarding the railroad. When the Transcontinental Railroad was being built it was the Chinese who were actually laying the tracks and supervising the dynamite in the tunnels, and the saying is that 'There is one dead Chinese man for every mile of that railroad.' In this episode, there was a dead man for every mile of tunnel that the construction workers were building under the city.
- Mike Pniewski, who plays Tom Zito, also appears in the CSI: Miami episodes Dead on Arrival and Stalkerazzi.
Mac: Are you bathophobic?
Danny: I'm not anything-phobic. There are just a few things that shake me up. 700 feet of granite between me and daylight is one of them. I don't know how these guys work down here.
Mac: Same way we're going to. Rock by rock.