|A Bullet Runs Through It, Part 1|
|Original Airdate||November 10, 2005|
A Bullet Runs Through It, Part 1 is the first of a two-part episode of season six of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
The team must process a whole neighborhood when a shootout between the LAPD and a local gang ends with fatalities on both sides and, as the result of a number of mishaps, the residents become increasingly hostile towards the police. Even more so when an innocent boy is shot in the streets and the police are blamed.
- Goof: While Catherine is in the lab reviewing the audio tape of the police call to dispatch, the dispatcher claims that the first call she received was at 6:34. First, her lips do not match what she is saying and then when they show the screen with the audio playing, the screen reads "first call 5:43."
- Goof: When Tracy Bell gets informed that her husband died, you can see clearly that she is not pregnant. However, in "A Bullet Runs Through It" (Part 2), an officer states that "She was pregnant, about to pop, just like Bell's wife."
- Although he spoke Spanish in the Season 5 episode "Snakes," George Eads (Nick Stokes) had to take another quick crash course in Spanish because he forgot that his character is bilingual.
- Goof: In the initial chase scene when Officer Bell was radioing in to dispatch telling them their location, Officer Bell takes his hand off of his radio key to unbuckle his seat belt, before he finishes saying his line, "Jefferson and 4th." There is no way that Dispatch would have recorded their location.
- Goof: In 32:50 mins there is a shot of round shot into the basin in the lab. We can see that this is a parabolic round (used in most pistols), most probably a 9mm Parabellum, but next moment we see Nick holding an AK rifle that uses definitely different 7,62x39 rifle ammunition.
- Nick Stokes now has a mustache.
- This is the first time that two detectives (Vartann and Cavaliere) worked a case. Usually there's only one.
- Goof: Warrick is standing behind the suspect that is arrested at the hotel - the person is shot from the front - and the cops are all scanning the rooftops and windows for the shooter - that would make the shot a downward shot so how does Warrick who was standing behind the suspect get blood on his face?
- Nitpick: Nick pulls a fingerprint off the dashboard of the suspect's Chevy Caprice. The dashboard in this vehicle is a textured surface and at best, you would get a partial print. The print would be so broken up by the textured surface that it would be incomparible. It would add additional lines and ridges as it was lifted.
- Undone- Ciniphile
- Sergeant Adams (to Officer Bell on the autopsy table): Okay partner... I guess I was pretty rough on you. Maybe not rough enough. You're the best rookie I ever trained. I have to leave you now. I'll, uh, I'll talk to Tracy. Try to make her understand. Drop in on the kids. You were a good cop.
- Brass (softly): I remember my first shooting...
- Sofia (interrupts): I appreciate the sentiment. We're not supposed to talk to each other 'til we give our statements.
- Brass: You're right, you're right.
- Grissom: Left to right, back to front... only cops were shooting in that direction.
- Doc Robbins: Are you saying Bell was hit by friendly fire?
- Grissom: Maybe not so friendly.
- Catherine: You know it's gonna be a long shift when you get the call to report to the command post.
- Cop: Those people think that they catch us doing something wrong that they'll sue and win the lottery.
- Warrick: We don't do anything wrong, then we've got nothing to worry about.
- [During the autopsy on one of the shooters]
- David: He bled out.
- Doc Robbins: Bingo. The wound was not immediately fatal, it took awhile.
- David: This is gonna look bad.
- Doc Robbins: David, it is what it is.
- Nick (after he test fires an AK-47): Oh-oh, yeah, that's what I'm talkin' about.
- Warrick: I got over firin' AK's along time ago. (looking at a gun) (to Nick) Hey, mustache boy, come over here. and check this out.
- Sergeant Carroll: Hell of a day, man.
- Grissom: It's just beginning.
- Grissom: Okay, everybody around here has a video camera, cell phone cameras and they'll all be takin' pictures.
- Warrick: I think we all know how to operate in front of a camera.
- Nick: Don't get caught picking your nose.
- Grissom: Catherine's back at the station collecting all the officer's guns. This is the main crime scene. So, Nick, you and Sara take this. There are two additional crime scenes on the alleys down third. Warrick, you take the west, I'll take the east.
- Greg: And what do I get to do? Go back to the lab and wait for a phone call?
- Grissom: This is a running gun battle that started 20 blocks back, you get that.
- Greg: That's got to be like a mile, who's gonna be with me?
- Sara: A bunch of pissed off locals with their shot up cars.
- Grissom: I didn't find any cartridge casings in this alley from the dead guy's gun. Just these three 9mm's from our cop.
- Vartann: So he must have been out of ammo.
- Grissom: But he had to know that he'd get shot holding a gun whether it was loaded or not. Why didn't he just toss it?
- Vartann: Maybe he didn't know it was. Heat of the battle, I mean we’re not talking rocket scientists.
- Grissom: That doesn't make him suicidal though, does it?
- Catherine [to Brass]: Hey, what happened out here?
- Brass: I was one of the shooters, so was Sofia. You know the deal, that's all I'm really allowed to say.
- Ortega: Captain, hand over your firearm to CSI Willows. (Brass takes his gun out the holster, and sets it on the table)
- Catherine: Any magazines?
- Brass (checks his holder): I must've used them. (Catherine checks Brass' magazine in his gun, finds no bullets, she checks the chamber and finds one)
- Catherine: Captain Brass' service pistol was received with an empty magazine and one live round in the chamber.
- Ortega: It'd be smart to have ammo before you start running into a gun fight.
- [About the kid who was shot]
- Cavaliere: They're gonna blame us for this too.
- UnderSheriff McKeen: CSI's processed the scene?
- Cavaliere: Yeah. Not much to process, some blood stains off the ground and a 9mm cartridge casing.
- UnderSheriff McKeen: Cops are shooting 9's. Guilty until proven innocent.
- Catherine: Detective Curtis' service pistol was received with one magazine containing three live and one live round in the chamber.
- Ortega: During the gun battle were you aware of the other officer's positions relevant to you?
- Sofia: They were in front of me and to my right, no to my left.
- Ortega: Did you continue to be aware of their positions after the suspect took off running?
- Sofia: Uh... Bell was in front of me. But he was down behind his car.
- Ortega: Do you remember Officer Bell being shot?
- Sofia: Um... s-sorry, what.... what was the question?
- Ortega: I said do you remember Officer Bell being shot?
- Catherine: Do you need a moment here?
- Ortega: No, no, that's alright. She's gonna do just fine.
- Sofia: Uh...make sure you check Bell's vest, I think he took one in the chest.
- (Cavaliere knocks on the door)
- Cavaliere: Detective Ortega, Catherine, can you step out for a moment?
- Ortega (before leaving): We're not done.
- Cavaliere: Word on the street is we shot two unarmed men and high school kid.
- Catherine: We got ID's off of all three dead suspects, multiple felonies. Immigration violations, they're all members of the 18th street Chuko's.
- Ortega: Driving in stolen cars, shooting automatic weapons at a police car. These guys aren't exactly altar boys.
- Cavaliere: West alley, I got an eye witness who saw Davis plant a gun. East alley, I got an old lady who swears she saw Ricardo Esteves with his hands raised before he was killed.
- Catherine: These witnesses creditable?
- Cavaliere: I don't know.
- Ortega: Listen, if the suspects don't have guns in their hands, we can't shoot them.
- Catherine: Well, let's not get ahead of the evidence.
- Greg [to Grissom]: You know, you scare me sometimes, it's kinda freaky. Do you ever bet on the ponies?
- Grissom: I prefer poker, horses are hard to control. Make sure you document these skidmarks.
- Greg: He said skidmarks. (laughs)
- William Petersen ... Gil Grissom
- Marg Helgenberger ... Catherine Willows
- Gary Dourdan ... Warrick Brown
- George Eads ... Nick Stokes
- Jorja Fox ... Sara Sidle
- Eric Szmanda ... Greg Sanders
- Robert David Hall ... Dr. Al Robbins
- Wallace Langham ... David Hodges
- Paul Guilfoyle ... Captain Jim Brass
- Louise Lombard ... Sofia Curtis
- Wallace Langham ... David Hodges
- David Berman ... David Phillips
- Conor O'Farrell ... Undersheriff Jeffrey McKeen
- José Zúñiga ... Detective Cavaliere
- Larry Mitchell ... Officer Mitchell
- Gerald McCullouch ... Bobby Dawson
- Alex Carter ... Detective Vartann
- Brennan Elliott ... Sergeant Carroll
- Colby French ... Officer Davis
- Daniel Bess ... Officer Bell
- Laurie Fortier ... Nancy
- Bre Blair ... Tracy Bell
- Lamont Thompson ... SWAT Officer
- Jesse Warren ... Junkie
- A Martinez ... Assemblyman Danilo Zamesca
- Greg Anthony ... Ricardo "Roofie" Estevez
- Daniel Arrias ... Leandro "Leggy" Chavez
- Brenda Canela ... Gloria Torres
- Diana Carreno ... Hooker
- Cynthia DeCure ... Rosa Cerna
- Scott DeFoe ... SWAT Commander
- Mitchell Fink ... Paramedic Fink
- Noe Gonzalez ... Neighbor #2
- Tonyo Meléndez ... Man
- Seth Michaels ... Stuckey's Brother
- Larry Mitchell ... Officer Mitchell
- Marco Morales ... Salvador "Stuckey" Romero
- Jose Rosario ... Tomas Castillo
- Ashlyn Sanchez ... April Torres
- Sophia Santi ... Stuckey's Mother
- Barry Sigismondi ... Officer #2
- Josh Sinisterra ... Geraldo
- Ty Upshaw ... Officer #1
- Edwin Villa ... Jose "Lucky" Fausto
- Tom Warden ... Himself
- James McMann ... Casino Patron (as James R. McMann)
- James Aldridge ... Jimmy (uncredited)